lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2019, 12:30 PM   #41
jdavila99999
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Cart at a rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
You going? I would!

If I can get my cart figured out and ready.
That’s my deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jdavila99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2019, 12:31 PM   #42
jdavila99999
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Cart at a rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
My old Powerwise charger states the input as 120v 8amps, which is 960 watts. So a 1000 watt genny would run it. But...

A 1000 watt generator (even an inverter) at full tilt isn't quiet. A 2000 watt inverter generator running a half load is quiet.

I did a test with my neighbors 2000 watt Honda vs my 3500 watt off-brand (both were inverter generators). At full tilt, my 3500 was absolutely louder than his 2000. With a load of 1500 watts my 3500 was absolutely quieter than his 2000. I don't remember the name brand of the 3500, this was a few years ago and after it went for an accidental swim the 3500 died... It was powering the RV in the bed of the truck and it rained... Ended up standing in about 2" of water which was enough to reach the inverter board.

I've since replaced it with a 3300 watt Firman and I would wager the same results when compared to the 2200 watt Honda with a 1500+ watt load.

So to answer your question, 1000 watt will run it but if you want quiet get 2000 watt (or more) inverter generator to run the charger.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jdavila99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO