lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2019, 02:48 PM   #11
bighanded
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 - TXT Curtis 300 controller - to Alltrax upgrade wiring help

thanks for the encouragement...yeah.. I had my old unit off in no time...was beginning the wiring (yes, took plenty of pics and taped and marked old wires)...but then when I couldn't figure out the F1/F2.. I chickened out and restored the original Curtis...so it's been down and back up again no problem

I am a bit concerned with the solenoid they sent me..it has the two large pole terminals but not the smaller blue/yellow posts on it...doesn't seem right...I've emailed the supplier to double check to make sure I have correct part.

invoice labels it as SOL36HD and he (cartZone) bundled it with the Alltrax purchase..other wise this would be a piece of cake at this point...desk job during the day, but garage time this evening I hope.
bighanded is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2019, 03:01 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Post a pic of the solenoid... I think you got the little black and silver round unit.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:12 PM   #13
bighanded
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks...will do when I get home...it has a big brown plastic top to it..but only small philips head screw posts on the top..not the expected posts for the wires on the side of the body..
Old 01-22-2019, 03:21 PM   #14
bighanded
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

it looks basically like this..but instead of the smaller terminals havein nuts..there is just smaller philips head screws in those positons..enough for a diode jumper..but doesn't seem heave enough for the blue/yellow wires
Attached Images
File Type: jpg solenoid.jpg (6.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-22-2019, 09:18 PM   #15
bighanded
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

ok..confirmed this is the solenoid as pictured in previous post...only question would be...as it is oriented with posts on top...which side (right or left) would have the blue wire...?

sorry..idiot here...like some bad Get Smart movie I know.. (grin)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sq.jpg (73.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg S2.jpg (61.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-23-2019, 01:29 AM   #16
sigfla45
Gone Wild

All the info you need is here. Read this thread and look at the pics. If you have the mounting bracket follow Alltrax instructions on mounting it. I just did mine in about 30 mins bc I had to drill out my cable lugs slightly. It’s really not that hard as long as you reference the pics and wiring diagram. Once wired lost a pic and other will tell you if it’s correct. You may have to extend a wire or 2. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-upgrades.html
sigfla45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 12:01 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighanded View Post
ok..confirmed this is the solenoid as pictured in previous post...only question would be...as it is oriented with posts on top...which side (right or left) would have the blue wire...?

sorry..idiot here...like some bad Get Smart movie I know.. (grin)
The coil terminals are the smaller studs with nuts rather than the Phillips screws.

Neither the small stud terminals (coil) nor the large stud terminals (high current contacts) are polarized. So the blue wire can go on either small terminal and the yellow wire on the other.

However the diodes are polarized. The banded end of the smaller diode connects to the same terminal the yellow wires is on and the banded end of the larger diode connects to the same large terminal that the heavy cable that connects directly to the main positive terminal on the battery pack connects to.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:44 PM   #18
bighanded
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: 2002 - TXT Curtis 300 controller - to Alltrax upgrade wiring help

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The coil terminals are the smaller studs with nuts rather than the Phillips screws.

Neither the small stud terminals (coil) nor the large stud terminals (high current contacts) are polarized. So the blue wire can go on either small terminal and the yellow wire on the other.

However the diodes are polarized. The banded end of the smaller diode connects to the same terminal the yellow wires is on and the banded end of the larger diode connects to the same large terminal that the heavy cable that connects directly to the main positive terminal on the battery pack connects to.
you have been fantastic on this whole thing...thanks so very much to you and all the gange here... will get time to do this project this weekend..and looking forward to it...dumb guy...out....
Old 01-23-2019, 06:51 PM   #19
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Seriously, read the thread I linked to below. Read it twice. Follow the pictures of the guy who installed the larger solenoid on the last few pages. DL the Alltrax wiring diagram to your phone and refer to it as you go. Before you turn the key or move the tow switch to run post pics of your wiring and diode install. Others here better than I will tell you if anything is off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfla45 View Post
All the info you need is here. Read this thread and look at the pics. If you have the mounting bracket follow Alltrax instructions on mounting it. I just did mine in about 30 mins bc I had to drill out my cable lugs slightly. It’s really not that hard as long as you reference the pics and wiring diagram. Once wired lost a pic and other will tell you if it’s correct. You may have to extend a wire or 2. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-upgrades.html
sigfla45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:42 PM   #20
bighanded
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

well..somebody is going to get a great deal on an Alltrax controller...finally got a day off...got out to the garage around 11...got my golf cart back up and running around 6pm...after once again , pulling my old Curtis, installing the new alltrax ...this time...having read every dang forum I could find, watching every youtube I could find..nobody has my exact setup.. ..but everything looked to be wired corectly...and with fire extinguisher in hand I reconnected my battery leads...seeing nothing smoking, I turned on the key, pressed on the pedal...nuttin...double checked the internet, double checked my wiring...got fed up with the whole thing...redid my connectors and reinstalled the old curtis so I'm back up and running...I'll probably put the alltrax up for sale for a whopping $5...yes...1/100th what I paid for all this crap...I'm sure it's my ignorance...but not being able to find any real documentation that a regular layman can understand..reading forums where guys have the same results I have..and are advised to flip the tow switch, press on the pedal, stick one finger up your nose, stand on one leg.. I dunno. I'm sure it's me but this one has been no fun at all.. I would have been happier I think to see a puff of smoke come up telling me I really screwed up on wiring..but to get nothing?
this old PDS will just have to live with it's old Curtis...cause I'm over my limit on time with no clear result...anyway..puttin on the pout..but I do truly appreciate everyone that chimed in.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO