lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2019, 02:54 PM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1993 Marathon- new owner, new member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
I should have asked at the same time "What gain on torque would be achieved by upgrading the controller to a 325amp?" Is there a "formula" for this?
Thanks for the info on torque loss with 22" tires.
Nothing written in stone. The stock marathon controls were 350 amps. The popular upgrade is 500 amps with a peak of 575. So what this does is it gives the motor access to as much as 50% more amperage but, the controller allows access, it does not send amperage. So assuming the 30 year old motor or whatever motor is in it can draw 500 amps and the battery pack can give up 500 amps... then the motor would make 50% more power but, that's not gonna happen. 500a controllers are the most popular because the give the motor direct access to the battery where they both do what they can do performance wise.
Each cart and each use is so different there is not a set answer to the question.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2019, 08:55 AM   #22
Yeoman
Not Yet Wild

Great thanks
Yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:00 PM   #23
Yeoman
Not Yet Wild

Scottyb- doing some research, it looks like I could go to a 400 controller with few if any other changes to the current system, is that correct? If I went to 500, looks like lots of changes ($) would be involved (FNR, solenoid, etc) and perhaps a new motor. Where do I look to identify my current controller?
Thanks
Old 02-11-2019, 07:03 PM   #24
Yeoman
Not Yet Wild

I jacked up the rear. Both wheels turn by hand. I can spin the left and momentum will take it a couple of revolutions thereafter. The right rear might make another revolution but not much more. Are my brake pads dragging?
Checked toe-in which is around 1/4".
Old 02-14-2019, 05:52 PM   #25
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds like your cart is healthy enough. Not perfect, but off by so little that I don't know it would matter.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 02:50 PM   #26
Yeoman
Not Yet Wild

Great, thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO