lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2019, 04:44 PM   #41
drhill
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Near New Batteries draining quickly?

I've been really busy with travelling for work the last few weeks but I have done my best to keep charging each battery individually. No change in end results. Still drains quickly just sitting in the garage.

I drove the cart only one time around the block these past few weeks other than that it's just sitting in the garage with one of the batteries charging at a time. I also charged them several times using the SC48 charger.

My 12V charger is actually a 6 amp, so it took several hours to charge each one, with some but very little gurgling.

The one thing that stand out to me from the US Battery info is the estimated length of time to charge - it only takes me about 30 minutes of charge time to go from 80% to full using the SC48 charger.
drhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2019, 04:45 PM   #42
drhill
Not Yet Wild

If these batteries are dead I can accept that, I'll use them til they're completely gone then replace them. But if there is something I can do to save them since they're so new, I'd like to do so.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:52 PM   #43
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry not understanding. Why are you charging batteries separately instead of using cart battery charger? That just gives batteries a separate known charge condition and makes trouble shooting difficult.

Charge batteries with carts charger.

Check amp’s and voltage while chargering

Measure pack voltage after charge.

Check each batteries voltage after charger shuts off.

Measure specific gravity of each battery after full charge.

That will help determine battery or charger problem.😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:50 PM   #44
drhill
Not Yet Wild

someone else a few posts back suggested trying to charge the batteries separately as a means to tell if the cart's charger was charging properly. I will get an amp meter and hydrometer and complete these tests....thank you!
Old 03-12-2019, 09:05 PM   #45
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Understood. If batteries are too low cart charger will not turn on.
Assuming cart charger now works,tell us above info.😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:49 PM   #46
Brob1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

with them being so new, is there not a warranty?
Brob1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:12 AM   #47
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

They have been charged up, we tried to save them, continue to do this until you decide you cannot save them. It will eventually occur.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:38 PM   #48
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

You have tried two battery chargers now (your 48 v charger and a 12 volt charger on individual batteries) with the same result ... you are not able to achieve a full charge on your batteries.

Logic would suggest that you have given it a fair shot and your batteries are not capable of holding a full charge due to past abuse from the previous owner of these 2018 batteries. My next stop would be to a trusted battery shop to have the batteries professionally evaluated. If that trusted battery shop also deals in US Batteries, they may be able to offer you some warranty adjustment on these

I suspect that you are having a “tired” battery pack issue, but the Hail Mary last shot might be to borrow a 20 amp - 48 volt charger and try to get these batteries going with a larger charger.

And brain storming a bit more, with these batteries being quite new, you might want to take them to a trusted battery shop equipped with one of the modern battery de-sulfonaters ... and attempt to rejuvenate these batteries.

Let us know how you make out with your future plan of action.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO