lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2019, 10:28 AM   #21
bighanded
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Golf cart loading into back of a truck. I've got some troubleshooting to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
I posted this elsewhere, but after two Cheby Silverado's and my now F-150, I've got this winch on\off the truck bed down to a science.

That "chain" across the bed is kinda scary. Plus it has to muck up the paint at the top of each side of the truck bed.

First.....you gotta have fabbed up and bolted to the top of the truck bed a piece of metal...mine is 4" x 1/4" that also is angled at both ends to keep the bed from buckling. Any new fabrication can be done by simply having a boss welded to the center of the steel plate. On my setup.....I have the steel plate that I mention, bu there is the additional aluminum piece that has the boss welded on it.

The only reason there are two separate pieces on mine is the aluminum piece was first fabbed up for my old Silverado. That didn't work (not as strong) as with a piece of steel.....so the steel got added to the Silverado setup, then "moved" over to the F-150 when I bot it.

BTW....I've been "bed hauling" my cart for years now and those tailgate braces are not necessary. I've never had a problem with the truck bed bending or anything.

Anyway here are pics of the setup. These, except the last pic were taken with the bed cover closed. I use those ammo cans for wheel chocks. They work great!!

Here's a pic when my F-150 was new.....just prior to the winch hookup install. BTW....the F-150 bed needs removed for this install. I had all of the "stuff" needed for the install, bolts, washers, etc., and my buddy at the body shop charged me $90 to install it. He had one of his guys just "pop" the bed off.....bolt this on and pop the bed back on. (Like I could do that )

Two quick questions:

1) who makes those ramps? I have a 3500 duramax so a tall truck..need to longest ramps I can find if I'm gonna load into the bed
2) I have a lifted cart with 23s..so wider than stock... I haven't measured yet, but I'm betting it doesn't clear the wheel wells?
bighanded is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2019, 11:48 AM   #22
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Golf cart loading into back of a truck. I've got some troubleshooting to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighanded View Post
Two quick questions:

1) who makes those ramps? I have a 3500 duramax so a tall truck..need to longest ramps I can find if I'm gonna load into the bed
2) I have a lifted cart with 23s..so wider than stock... I haven't measured yet, but I'm betting it doesn't clear the wheel wells?
Answers:

#1---These ramps are factory Ford.

#2--I fixed my issue of fit between the wheel well buy getting new knobby front tires and have (IIRC) a no offset skinnier wheel. When I put the Jakes LT kit on the front width is wider than stock....so I went this route. Actually, the grab in the front is much better.

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 12:30 PM   #23
bighanded
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks Dave.

likely do the same thing...cause my measurements:

cart to outside of tires = 51"
truck bed to inside of wheel well base 48.75

easiest thing will be to go to thinner front tires for sure.

I have seen many longer ramps that are jackknifes/flipopen, hadn't seen ones like yours that slide into themselves....

now I'll have to go shopping..if someone makes em for Ford...there's gotta be an aftermarket source I hope.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:27 PM   #24
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I went from a 8” wide wheel to a 6” wide wheel and a 10” wide tire to a 7” wide tire.

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 03:52 PM   #25
bighanded
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

talked to the wife about it...she really likes the look of our current wheel set and width..so I told her I could keep a seperate set of wheels for the front..do a quick swap out of 1 or both for a road trip...when we get to camp...it wouldn't take me but a few mins to put the wides back on...if we are landing for just a short day or two, then I could just leave the smaller tires on the front and go with that....she is good with that plan..so I'll shop for some skinnies..for me, it'd be about function..for the wife..it's cosmetics...all good...this will solve my problem
Old 03-05-2019, 08:50 AM   #26
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
I posted this elsewhere, but after two Cheby Silverado's and my now F-150, I've got this winch on\off the truck bed down to a science.
I believe this is the post you are talking about? I'm linking it here, because there are a couple of other good ideas.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gener...-up-truck.html
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:51 AM   #27
bighanded
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

appreciate you reviving that thread...and it got me what I had been looking for in tailgate supports...
just placed my order from DGM...so that's one more piece of this thing taken care of.
my challenges:
1) chevy duramax3500 (taller than my old 1500)
2) need 10ft -11ft ramps just for my personal comfort level.
3) I pull a travel trailer so cart sticking out the bed can be an issue - tail gate wil have to lift up a bit after cart is loaded.
4) lifted/wide tire cart - too wide to fit between wheel wells in the bed - will buy some thinner wheels/tires for front for road trips
Old 03-05-2019, 10:43 AM   #28
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
I believe this is the post you are talking about? I'm linking it here, because there are a couple of other good ideas.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gener...-up-truck.html
hay that thread looks familiar
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:05 AM   #29
Fastest1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadzilla View Post
back your truck up to a small hill or into a small gully - lowers the bed and raises the ramps in relation to the cart. Note, cart loads from the up-hill side.

I live in Houston, also flat. There are always ditches and the like.
When I got my first cart, my buddy backed into the ditch in my yard and drove it out, no ramps needed. Didnt need them loading either. Same process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Fastest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:40 AM   #30
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighanded View Post
appreciate you reviving that thread...
Glad I could help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
hay that thread looks familiar
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO