lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2019, 08:00 PM   #21
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 94 EzGo Won't Run

Normally you set the meter for above the maximum amount you'd see. 20 is fine for individual batteries, which should be 6.37 for healthy charged batteries. If you read over 20 volts, the meter would generally tell you you're out of range. Since a healthy pack should be 38.2 volts, anything above that is normal. Your batteries are completely dead.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2019, 08:03 PM   #22
graybo11
Not Yet Wild

with the meter set on 200 it read 6.1 now
graybo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 08:04 PM   #23
graybo11
Not Yet Wild

so basically the batteries are toast and I need a new charger, but the rest should be fine
Old 03-03-2019, 08:07 PM   #24
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I suspect the voltage will continue to drop, even faster if you press the go pedal, as it's trying to close the solenoid.

How long did you charge the batteries? You can try charging one pair of batteries overnight, and take a reading, but over a year of neglect, not much chance you can even get it to budge, much less drive.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:09 PM   #25
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybo11 View Post
so basically the batteries are toast and I need a new charger, but the rest should be fine
No guarantees, but I'd think so. Was it stored out of the elements? Not so much cold, but out of the rain? Discharged batteries can freeze, but we're beyond worrying about that.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:17 PM   #26
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

You have a series cart. Manuals can be found in the Stickies here:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html

Some reading on batteries:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...omparison.html

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-break-in-.html
Old 03-07-2019, 01:12 AM   #27
graybo11
Not Yet Wild

It was stored in a shed in a pretty warm climate so they probably didn't freeze and it was out of the elements. I already have a new solenoid ready to install, so I'll probably do that anyway, but my next order of business is to get new batteries and a charger and see how that goes. Thanks for all the advice! It was very helpful!
Old 03-07-2019, 09:26 AM   #28
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Keep the old solenoid, unless the new one fixes it.

Good luck. Now the spending begins. Since you're planning on spending a fair amount for batteries, and charger, do you think upgrading to 48 volts is something you may want to consider?

Read a lot on batteries before buying them. Even "cheap" ones are a fair amount of money, and aren't worth it in the long term.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO