lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2019, 07:39 PM   #21
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltax xct 500 amp help?

Did You insulate the Blue and White wires jumper connection?

Those wires will have pack voltage so they cannot touch a negative connection, double check the jumper is good.

That connection is also how the Controller filters capacitor stay charged, which can cause your voltage going down.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2019, 09:16 AM   #22
jesse_metal
Not Yet Wild

I replaced the jumper wire with another assuming that was the issue, i couldn't find anything else that might have shorted.
i still don't have any power to anything . i am gonna try a new diode across the large terminals to see if that is the problem with the voltage bleeding off.

Now that the OBC is bypassed i should be getting power to the controller is this correct ? are there any fuses i should be looking for . i know about the inline fuse that comes off of the charge receptacle but are there any others ? i did notice that fuse is supposed to have a 3/8 amp fuse in it and someone put a 5 amp fuse in . i don't think that has anything to do with the lack of power to the system although i could be wrong . ill get that changed as well .
jesse_metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:18 AM   #23
jesse_metal
Not Yet Wild

what should i be seeing now that the OBC is bypassed. solenoid click? /power to the controller?/ cart running ?/ ect?
Old 03-28-2019, 09:43 AM   #24
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do You have power at the FNR switch now?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:50 AM   #25
1sharphook

Sergio, If I correctly understand his description of his SW180 activation circuit wiring, I suspect he is dead shorting the activation side through the controller. It seems he has both activation wires connected to common spade terminals.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:59 AM   #26
jesse_metal
Not Yet Wild

yes i now have power to the f&r switch.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:01 AM   #27
jesse_metal
Not Yet Wild

i can describe the wire placement on the solenoid and where each wire goes if it would help
Old 03-28-2019, 10:13 AM   #28
1sharphook

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_metal View Post
i can describe the wire placement on the solenoid and where each wire goes if it would help
I've read your description already no less than ten times. The problem with your description is that we do not know how your solenoid is mounted. This makes the word "top" meaningless. Where did you buy your solenoid and did they provide instructions for connecting the wires to it?
Old 03-28-2019, 10:22 AM   #29
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Posting pictures would help immensely!
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 10:32 AM   #30
jesse_metal
Not Yet Wild

all components have been purchased from D&D motor systems. they did not provide instructions for the solenoid . i am still trying to figure out how to upload pics . the solenoid has 4 spade style terminals on the front and 2 large terminals on top . the mounting bracket is is 2 pieces and they are held on by Phillips head screws on the sides . and it is mounted to the right of the controller almost in the same spot as the stock one . there are no stickers on the solenoid indicating the manufacturer and no description on the paper work either it only says solenoid kit rated up to 650 amps. from there i followed the alltrax xct to club car pd plus wiring diagram. the controller is mounted pretty much in the same place as the stock one except that it is mounted upside down so that the cables would reach .

Tags
alltrax xct 500 amp
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car