lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2019, 03:13 PM   #1
harpan65@aol.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2014 ez go rxv

The solenoid seems to be working fine.When i put it in for. or Rev. I get 51vdc to brake.But when I turn it off and have 0 vdc and jack it up I can still move tires easily.Is this normal? I am wondering if throttle positioning sensor might be the issue,because the brake seems to be doing nothing.Although when it does want to go,it also stops fine.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
J.Direction
harpan65@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2019, 04:06 PM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2014 ez go rxv

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpan65@aol.com View Post
The solenoid seems to be working fine.When i put it in for. or Rev. I get 51vdc to brake.But when I turn it off and have 0 vdc and jack it up I can still move tires easily.Is this normal? I am wondering if throttle positioning sensor might be the issue,because the brake seems to be doing nothing.Although when it does want to go,it also stops fine.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
J.Direction
No that's not normal.

Brake is really just a parking brake. The regen braking is slowing you down. If your going fast and push down to far on the brake it will kick the brake on and that's not good.

I wonder if some one turned your brake test off?
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:31 PM   #3
harpan65@aol.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

How is that done? Through the controller.I have only owned this for 3 weeks,but the problem is getting so bad I am afraid to drive it.I do not own a hand held unit to hook to the controller.

Thanks for your help!
Old 04-11-2019, 04:40 PM   #4
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
How is that done? Through the controller.I have only owned this for 3 weeks,but the problem is getting so bad I am afraid to drive it.I do not own a hand held unit to hook to the controller.

Thanks for your help!
A handheld or a programming station can turn the test off I believe. With you not having any brakes someone must have turned it off. That's the only way it would have passed the start-up that I know of.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:57 PM   #5
harpan65@aol.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

cleaned all connectors to brakes and accelerator.Sand every where.This cart must have came from a sandy area.Found plunger switch to be mushy feeling and ohm readings where alittle inconsistent on gas pedal.(ordered new one)
Hooked back up backup buzzer,now everything works most of the time.Guessing computer must need to see the resistance value of the buzzer.Brakes are back to working.Forward and reverse about 85% of the time.Hopefully new plunger switch on gas helps out.

Thanks for all your help!
Old 04-12-2019, 04:23 PM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
cleaned all connectors to brakes and accelerator.Sand every where.This cart must have came from a sandy area.Found plunger switch to be mushy feeling and ohm readings where alittle inconsistent on gas pedal.(ordered new one)
Hooked back up backup buzzer,now everything works most of the time.Guessing computer must need to see the resistance value of the buzzer.Brakes are back to working.Forward and reverse about 85% of the time.Hopefully new plunger switch on gas helps out.

Thanks for all your help!
Plan on buying a replacement Curtis RXV controller. When one or both reverse buzzer wires are cut, it destroys that part of the controller. I have successfully reprogrammed a controller damaged in that way, but it will never be the same again. I can disable the test that is failing, but the reverse buzzer will sound off from time to time and will get worst over time. It is pretty much a rule to NEVER mess with any of the wires connected to the controller in the harness of an RXV!

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wont go sometimes
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO