lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2019, 04:53 PM   #1
Bertydale
Not Yet Wild

Default Very slow up hill

2015 Ezgo Express S4 HO. Batteries are original to cart. Cart slows to an almost stop going up incline. It is a steep incline but the cart slows to 1-2 mph with only me on it with fully charged batteries. I installed an Alltrax 48500 and 400a solenoid but it didnt change at all except faster down hill. 2 winters ago I let the batteries run completely dead so I may have ruined them then not sure. They take a full charge but die faster now. Opinions?
Bertydale is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2019, 05:06 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Very slow up hill

Sounds like a power supply problem. Voltage dropping below acceptable levels under load.
Connect a laptop and collect a monitor file while running the cart and we will see this in the data.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:25 PM   #3
Bertydale
Not Yet Wild

I’ll do that tomorrow for sure. Scotty just fyi the Alltrax installed very easily! Thanks for the help.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:39 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Read everything on JohnnyB's site, especially care and maintenance of batteries. He has a great write-up on controller upgrades on how every piece works toward (or against) performance.

At four years old, your batteries may be close to the end of their useful life, but neglecting them may have hastened the process.

To try and eek out a little more life, do numerous back to back charges. Simply unplug charger from cart then plug it in again.

I gather you have a series cart, but all carts slow on hills, but a solid battery pack and your controller, plus good cables, FNR, and motor will help get the most out of a series cart.

Not familiar with your cart, but since new batteries are not too far in your future, are you already at 48 volts?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:43 PM   #5
Bertydale
Not Yet Wild

Yes its a 48V cart. 6-8v trojans. Sadly I did neglect them. New to cart ownership and didnt realize they would die that fast in the cold. I installed the alltrax today but Obviously its something else. Still happy with the purchase cause I did NOT like the S4 controller.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:05 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Read everything on JohnnyB's site, especially care and maintenance of batteries. He has a great write-up on controller upgrades on how every piece works toward (or against) performance.

At four years old, your batteries may be close to the end of their useful life, but neglecting them may have hastened the process.

To try and eek out a little more life, do numerous back to back charges. Simply unplug charger from cart then plug it in again.

I gather you have a series cart, but all carts slow on hills, but a solid battery pack and your controller, plus good cables, FNR, and motor will help get the most out of a series cart.

Not familiar with your cart, but since new batteries are not too far in your future, are you already at 48 volts?

Please - link us to Johnnie Bs website or
Old 04-12-2019, 07:45 PM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Please - link us to Johnnie Bs website or
That would be buggiesunlimited.com NOT!!!

At least JohnnyB is a , unlike the mistake I made earlier while on funeral duty.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:33 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
That would be buggiesunlimited.com NOT!!!

At least JohnnyB is a , unlike the mistake I made earlier while on funeral duty.
Oh - sorry for your loss.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:28 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Thanks. Younger brother's wife. Not many photos like this one. Date, Savannahish, Kindergarten... Nearly made 30 years married. Last week we did a celebration of life. Tomorrow is the actual funeral. I hate those as much as weddings. She was 54. Had a great life, except the last 3, which were a constant battle with cancer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo6.jpg (220.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-12-2019, 09:34 PM   #10
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Shameless request:

https://www.gofundme.com/gina-minche...holarship-fund
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO