lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2019, 07:44 AM   #21
Wbk1972
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Can wire size be too big?

I really don't think turn radius will be a issue since you are using 1/0 welding cable, it tends to be much more flexible for to the nature of welding. I don't see where it would give you and problems, might even get a cleaner looking install due to flexible nature. Only thing I'd due is make sure to secure it since it isn't rigid it may flop and rub through over time. Or protect with a wire loom.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Wbk1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2019, 07:52 AM   #22
Dwalls
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
1. My cart is not lifted and the tires are 17" tall, which is 1" shorter than the 18" stock tire height, so I get a little torque gain along with a little speed loss. My cart had a couple bald tires and three of them had slow leaks, so new tires was near the top of my to-do list. (2Ga cables were at the top of the list.)

Not wanting to raise the center of gravity of an already top heavy, short wheelbase, narrow track vehicle, I picked Carlisle Turf Master tires in 18x8.50-8 which were listed on Carlisle's website as having a mounted diameter of 18.3", but measured a whisper taller than 17" after they were mounted on my stock rims. Cart did 18MPH with stock PDS controller, jumped to 24MPH when I installed a DCX controller and went to 28MPH when I up the battery pack to 42V, so the tiny tires didn't slow the cart down much, if any, the motor just had to spin 5.6% faster.

About 20" tall is the tallest tire that will fit under a non-lifted cart. That is a 22% loss in torque where rubber meets road and near the same percentage of speed gain. (Won't see the full 22% due to the torque loss, but close to it)

2. Getting stuff that is compatible with 36V (for now) and 48V (later) is the way to go.

3. Get a SR48400 or larger controller and run the stock motor at 48V before deciding on motor. You might decide not to change the motor.

A lot will depend on tire height you install and how steep the hill are in youur area.
Thank you for the info, I don't want to raise my cart any more than I have to, we will mostly use it around the house, hilly yard, and at campgrounds and racetracks. Wife wants different rims and bigger tires but I may just see what she thinks about powder coating the factory rims for now. She loves purple and we have purple powder coat, maybe that will work for now, haha
Below are recommendations from Scotty and he as been very helpful, I plan on doing the controller, solenoid, F/R first with the stock motor and 36v that the cart currently has then I will go with motor, if needed or when needed, then 48v when batteries are needed.
Does this seem like a logical order to do things. I am planning on doing all of the cables this weekend, if time permitted.

Recommended list for now, any feedback on the parts below, good or bad is appreciated.

SR48500 control.
MZJ400A solenoid
SW202-48 kit
Aftermarket AMD Beast motor 7126
48v batteries when the current 36v battery bank dies.

Thanks
Donald
Dwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:16 PM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Can't go wrong with what Scotty suggests.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:14 AM   #24
Dwalls
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Can't go wrong with what Scotty suggests.

Ok JohnnieB, it's on you now, I took your advice on taking Scottys advice, haha

Cant wait to get it on there and see the difference.

Thank you both.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_20190424-090748.png (33.4 KB, 0 views)
Dwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO