lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2019, 02:43 PM   #1
savvy
Not Yet Wild

Default Throttle Troubleshooting Help Needed

My cart is an '01 EZGO 36v. Two years ago I upgraded the components (stayed at 36v) with the Alltrax SR Controller, solenoid, motor, heavy duty wires, etc. Last year I replaced the batteries and purchased the DPI Accusense Charger. The cart has run great during this time. The cart recently sat (still plugged in) for a couple of months, and now it won't run.

Here are the issues I am seeing:
-Key on, pack voltage reading correctly (38.2v), press foot pedal, solenoid clicks, cart doesn't run (fan in the controller doesn't come on either).
-Controller is consistently giving off the following error code: 4 green flashes, pause, 2 green and 4 red flashes (which look to be a throttle range error code)

What I have done so far:
-I assumed the ITS must be bad and replaced the ITS with a new one. No change, cart doesn't run, same error codes.
-I suspected the Molex plug and removed it and connected the wires directly with sealed connectors. No change, cart doesn't run, same error codes.

Voltage Testing I did next:
-between black and white wires with pedal up - 13v
-between black and white wires with pedal down - 7.5v
-between Altrax terminals the black and white wires connect to when the wires are disconnected - 21.3V
-between B- and white wire with solenoid just engaged - 15v
-between B- and white wire with solenoid full throttle - 10.6v
-I haven't done any testing of the microswitch or anything else yet

I think I'm getting close, but really need some professional input going forward. Thank you!
savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2019, 02:48 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Throttle Troubleshooting Help Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvy View Post
My cart is an '01 EZGO 36v. Two years ago I upgraded the components (stayed at 36v) with the Alltrax SR Controller, solenoid, motor, heavy duty wires, etc. Last year I replaced the batteries and purchased the DPI Accusense Charger. The cart has run great during this time. The cart recently sat (still plugged in) for a couple of months, and now it won't run.

Here are the issues I am seeing:
-Key on, pack voltage reading correctly (38.2v), press foot pedal, solenoid clicks, cart doesn't run (fan in the controller doesn't come on either).
-Controller is consistently giving off the following error code: 4 green flashes, pause, 2 green and 4 red flashes (which look to be a throttle range error code)

What I have done so far:
-I assumed the ITS must be bad and replaced the ITS with a new one. No change, cart doesn't run, same error codes.
-I suspected the Molex plug and removed it and connected the wires directly with sealed connectors. No change, cart doesn't run, same error codes.

Voltage Testing I did next:
-between black and white wires with pedal up - 13v
-between black and white wires with pedal down - 7.5v
-between Altrax terminals the black and white wires connect to when the wires are disconnected - 21.3V
-between B- and white wire with solenoid just engaged - 15v
-between B- and white wire with solenoid full throttle - 10.6v
-I haven't done any testing of the microswitch or anything else yet

I think I'm getting close, but really need some professional input going forward. Thank you!
I've never had to troubleshoot mine, but here's throttle troubleshooting from Stickies. It has instructions for SR.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...e-testing.html

Assuming it's not your controller, there is a four wire Molex connector from the throttle MS and ITS to the wiring harness, located near the controller/solenoid and FNR. Eliminate it and solder or butt splice and use adhesive lined heat shrink, like they sell for boats.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Molex.jpeg (254.5 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 03:06 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Contact Alltrax. https://alltraxinc.com/customer-support/

Looks like your SR's throttle circuit has gone belly up.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:36 AM   #4
savvy
Not Yet Wild

Thank you. I’ve left a voicemail and also emailed Alltrax. I’ll post a follow up if there’s anything noteworthy to report
savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO