lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2019, 06:24 PM   #11
pattyandrick
Getting Wild

Default Re: TXT EZGO - Dash battery indicator vs charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
You told him to charge two 8 volt batteries, 16 volts, with a 12 volt charger. That may work if they're really drained, but without a DMM, we'll never know. With a DMM, he could either determine that the fault is with the charger, and take it in and save on house call charge, or charge them up one at a time, while monitoring voltage.

Can also do this with a DVM on the link above.
I know, manual 12 volt chargers would work better. Automatic chargers not so much.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
pattyandrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2019, 06:42 PM   #12
Jeverall
Not Yet Wild

Thanks all. Sounds like it might be beneficial for me to shadow the guy tomorrow and learn. Plus I want him to silence the reverse beep. I will look into purchasing a DVM in case in happens again. I’m just hoping it doesn’t turn out the batteries are bad.. appreciate the guidance friends
Jeverall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 07:04 PM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'd still retire your battery indicator and buy a real digital volt meter and install it in your dash. That plus a State of Charge (SoC) chart will tell you when it's time to head home.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:44 AM   #14
Jeverall
Not Yet Wild

Thank you - just purchased a DVM from Amazon. Will be here Sunday. Mechanic hasn't arrived yet. I am also messaging another customization shop for a lift & tire upgrade. I am not sure what work is actually involved with getting these batteries up and running, but maybe I can work out a deal if I purchase the lift and tires from them they can fix my battery.

I am leaving the cart plugged in until it is fixed. Is that harming anything?
Jeverall is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO