lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2019, 03:28 PM   #1
not-so-ezgo
Not Yet Wild

Question 98 DCS stock - Best way for 20 mph?

I know a controller is needed, but It is at a campground, will usually have 2-4 people on it, and don't want to do this twice. The batteries are okay for now, and it is 36v. I would hope any hardware I order could be dual voltage.

I also will be making 4G custom wires(I have welding wire that was donated already)

No lift planned

Would love to do it for under $1000, but am not willing to do it 3 times because I was too cheap and screwed up.

No lithium $$$, NO AC conversion $$$ ... Straight series is an option, but prefer newer technology..

Advice from everyone? Please don't say sell it.. lol
not-so-ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2019, 03:31 PM   #2
Zincode
Getting Wild

Default Re: 98 DCS stock - Best way for 20 mph?

I have a DCS and it's not the same as PDS or series. Complete different animal. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Zincode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:33 PM   #3
not-so-ezgo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincode View Post
I have a DCS and it's not the same as PDS or series. Complete different animal. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I am willing to convert it to something, just not sure of the best way, since my other cart is a Medalist.
not-so-ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:34 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by not-so-ezgo View Post
I know a controller is needed, but It is at a campground, will usually have 2-4 people on it, and don't want to do this twice. The batteries are okay for now, and it is 36v. I would hope any hardware I order could be dual voltage.

I also will be making 4G custom wires(I have welding wire that was donated already)

No lift planned

Would love to do it for under $1000, but am not willing to do it 3 times because I was too cheap and screwed up.

No lithium $$$, NO AC conversion $$$ ... Straight series is an option, but prefer newer technology..

Advice from everyone? Please don't say sell it.. lol
This is a good place to learn about options. "Straight series" is no an option. You have the first SepEx cart from EZGO. Series predates this, but was offered for a while after DCS was abandoned for PDS.

https://www.cartsunlimited.net/upgrade-suggestions.html

Controller solenoid and cables should make you happy, and when it's battery time, the parts will already handle 48 volts. You should easily stay within budget. I'd do 500 amps, though you'll want to limit amps if you keep your stock motor for now.

I'm a series guy, so you'll have to see what others recommend for motors.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:59 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I'm pretty sure a DCS motor will get you just over 20 when unlocked with a Alltrax controller. I would suggest a 400a, good balance between power and cost.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 04:09 PM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Alltrax controller is dual voltage, as are several solenoids at the above mentioned web site. Lester Summit II charger is dual voltage (36 - 48 and is state of the art. All this together is under 1K and then you will just be waiting for batteries to crap out. I predict you will love 48v.

I can't explain the emogy in place of the 8 and I can't correct it. Might be an issue with my computer.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 04:17 PM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Alltrax controller is dual voltage, as are several solenoids at the above mentioned web site. Lester Summit II charger is dual voltage (36 - 48 and is state of the art. All this together is under 1K and then you will just be waiting for batteries to crap out. I predict you will love 48v.

I can't explain the emogy in place of the 8 and I can't correct it. Might be an issue with my computer.
Nope. Not your computer. "8" followed by closed quote is the kewl smiley.

He can also wait to buy the charger until battery swap.

Question for OP,
Are the four adults medium or heavy? Also are your hills medium or steep? I know hard to define, but that may help you decide if you'll be happy with the stock motor, or maybe a beefier one. Also, cgtech has more experience, and cost is relative, but a 500 amp controller may give you more options in the future. Yours is a SepEx, and for a series, the 500 made more sense. May not be the same with your options.
Old 06-18-2019, 06:17 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The DCS is a great campgound cart. The DCS was the industry's first sepex drive system. It makes more torque than it's successor PDS. and it easily makes 20 mph with the Alltrax XCT48400 (36-48 volt) controller. You will need a HD solenoid like SW180 and the 4g cables to properly feed it.

With this control you should see 30% more power, faster acceleration and top speed of around 22mph.
Campground management should love you!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:39 PM   #9
rib33024

I fixed it for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:45 PM   #10
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
I fixed it for you
Testing...

(36 - 4

Nope. I can go to "Edit" and still see 8 ) with no space.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO