lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2019, 07:17 PM   #11
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2016 EZGO RXV or TXT?

Not nearly the experience of regular posters here but will give my 2 cents.
Year ago when buying my first cart I choose txt.
I wanted 48 volts. Not with 12 volt batteries but 6 8 volt batteries for capacity,range. Wanted something not computer controlled with added sensors and electronics that make it difficult to troubleshoot.
Being old school auto tech wanted something easy to troubleshoot myself. Txt is dc where rxv use’s converted a/c motor. Txt has mechanical brakes, something I can see and troubleshoot being Mechanical.
Txt is probably easier to work on diognose for novice cart owner if having problems but I have no plans to upgrade speed more then stock 19 mph or go lifted with oversized wheels.
For my use when camping does fine.
FWIW ��
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2019, 10:49 PM   #12
Champion
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for all the great information guys!

I pulled the trigger on the 2016 EZGO RXV today. I tried to post a picture of it here, but the system said that I haven’t been a registered member long enough to post links. If you want to see it I created a photo gallery in my profile.

It has plenty of speed and torque and dominates the hills in our neighborhood. I just need to add a battery meter and some speakers and we will be cruising through the rest of the summer.
Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 11:49 AM   #13
OttyFields
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

You will love the RXV as I do mine. Bob Boyce is your man if you want some programming done to the cart.
Get one of these as it is a plug and play meter.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EZGO-RXV-Ch...UAAOSw6dNZb1Py
OttyFields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 12:41 PM   #14
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

My recommendation???? Do what Bob says lol.

I have a TXT and use it exactly how you plan on using yours (albeit in the flat roads of South Florida). I had Bob reprogram the stock controller and I changed the battery cables to 2 AWG.

Top speed Ive ever seen alone on the golf cart down a small hill on one of the streets I travel was about 24 MPH. With my three small kids (under 7) and my petite 100lbish wife we run anywhere from 20-22 MPH around the neighborhood (Im a husky 250lb so total weight of 450-500lbs). Plenty fast considering how quickly these things get squirrley at speeds. I have larger tires tho (23").

We love the golf cart and I rarely use my car on the weekends anymore. Publix and Target are 2 blocks away and in laws and parents both live within 2 miles. We take it to the store, to get ice cream with kids, go to the park, friends houses, etc. Its been great. The only thing Ive encountered with the TXT is I have spun 2 hubs in 6 months and its a part that is designed to fail the way Im running the cart. Ive become more cautious to accelerate slower and ensure full stops before changing from forward to reverse or vice versa. Cheap part to replace and one of the guys on here sells heavy duty hubs which I plan on being what I use next failure.

The TXT is extremely easy to work on and I got a cart pretty stock save for the rear seat and tires/lift. I added all the lights, USB charger, turn signals, brake lights etc. and everything is very plug and play from what I bought on Amazon. Im getting ready to add a radio setup soon.

Ive been very happy with my TXT and if/when things fail Ill upgrade but until then Im enjoying just as is.
geoffarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:33 AM   #15
Champion
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttyFields View Post
You will love the RXV as I do mine. Bob Boyce is your man if you want some programming done to the cart.
Get one of these as it is a plug and play meter.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EZGO-RXV-Ch...UAAOSw6dNZb1Py
Thanks for the suggestion! This is just what I need!
Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:24 AM   #16
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Sharp looking cart but I think at some time you're going to need a bigger trailer

Cart is probably already in Freedom mode but can be tweaked for more just keep it mild because that controller won't like those tires..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 05:13 AM   #17
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I know it's a stretch on this thread since the OP already got their cart, but another possible fix for TXT owners fighting stripped hubs is getting Yamaha G22 hubs and drums. The hub is steel, instead of cast iron. And it will (and the drum) will be available for ever (only buy hubs once, and drums when they are too worn out). They bolt right on, and I have never once seen that hub fail. (Drums wear out over the years of brake jobs). That era cart both used Dana axles, and many parts are shared amongst the 2 brands.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO