lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2019, 12:28 AM   #1
tuffezgo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Ez-go Electric

Hi guys first time poster! I scored this ez-go electric on the weekend and cant figure out what year/model it is. From what i have researchd it could be a 94-95 medalist.
Dont know anything about these electric buggies and help would be appreciated. I know its a 36v but apart from that not sure what the motor is or if its pds or a dcs cart.
I will attach pics of the controller and motor if anyone knows about them?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg buggy.jpg (141.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg motor.jpg (70.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cont.jpg (123.8 KB, 0 views)
tuffezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2019, 05:48 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ez-go Electric help

for starters, looks like a really clean looking cart! and I love the shifter, l but I'm partial seeing as how I have the same one! LOL with that in mind (the shifter that is) onside the battery compartment, there should be a rod that is connected to the back side of it that runs over to the F&R switch....that sits right in front of the controller/solenoid....that looks like this.

Old F&R.jpg F&R SWITCH FRONT.jpg

if so.....this means you have a SERIES Drive cart.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:23 AM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I believe that is a series controller and definitely a series motor. Doesn’t look like the original motor either. Maybe it’s been upgraded?
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:55 PM   #4
tuffezgo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

From my research it is definitely a series cart. Seeing it came with no batteries i am just deciding if i should just bite the bullet and do the 48v conversion straight away. Everyone says thats the best thing they ever did.
tuffezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:08 PM   #5
macheff03
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That’s a medalist- and a beautiful one at that
And as everyone else has confirmed, it’s a series

Medalists were only made I believe from mid 94 through 95 and then were replaced with the well known txt afterward.

The largest difference being the medalist’s metal body which I really love, other than that early txt models look identical.

Beautiful find!
macheff03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:32 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by macheff03 View Post
That’s a medalist- and a beautiful one at that
And as everyone else has confirmed, it’s a series

Medalists were only made I believe from mid 94 through 95 and then were replaced with the well known txt afterward.

The largest difference being the medalist’s metal body which I really love, other than that early txt models look identical.

Beautiful find!
The big difference being the all metal Medalist body vs the plastic TXT body.
Oddly enough I ran across a 1996 Medalist... Ezgo loved running parts through production until they were gone... very efficient but hard on the parts man.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 08:58 PM   #7
Sideways
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffezgo View Post
From my research it is definitely a series cart. Seeing it came with no batteries i am just deciding if i should just bite the bullet and do the 48v conversion straight away. Everyone says thats the best thing they ever did.
Nice find, go 48 you will never look back!
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:15 PM   #8
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Nice find, go 48 you will never look back!

Yep! For sure.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 03:30 AM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Super sweet medalist! Go full-bore, 48v will not regret it. If you have no batteries at all, it couldn't be a better time to do the transformation! I did my marathon electric 48v, but I did already work at a cart shop, and already knew it was the best option, done many conversions. Never once heard one say "I just wish I stayed at 36v"! Once you taste the performance gain, 36v drink is never the same! Well, since you never tried 36v in your cart, 48v is 33% better, even if everything else were the same, but better parts over "stock 36v", 48 blows it completely out of the water. I've built hotrods that yank the front wheels off the ground if you wanted to spend that kind of money.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 05:55 AM   #10
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

tuffezgo…..its been said and I will too.....48v is the way to go....

When I got my first cart 5 1/2 years ago, the first thing I did was I needed batteries, and I had not found this forum yet.....within a week of finding it, I had taken it apart down to the frame and rebuilt it from the ground up....and was still at 36v....and didn't want to put 2 additional batteries in the back....but had converted all of the rest of the drive system....and them I had to wait till I needed new batteries...…about a year ago I bit the bullet and as everyone has already said, you will NEVER LOOK BACK!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO