lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2011, 11:18 PM   #21
sledgehammer800
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: GE Beast motor VS. D&D Torque motor

300 It sounds like you have the same set up I've got except the MZJ400 AMP Contactor and 23" tire's where mine is 22". I have a the D&D 20502 from buggies unlimited. It's only 1.5 y/o and the bearing is already shot. So I've got to do something soon will be used for camping. It's peak is 9.2@36v and 15.5@48v. It ran about 23-24mph @ oceanlake caampground in myrtle. What are the advantages on the MZJ400amp vs just a heavy duty solenoid. Or is it something different all together? I think I'll call PQ tomorrow or just slap another bearing in it. I know D&D said today they wasn't willing to help BUT, said if I sent it to them they could repair it at my cost. I told the lady that they had already received ALL the money that they would ever get out of me. Just for the way she belittled me right off the bat insinuating it was the way I drove my cart.
sledgehammer800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2011, 11:26 PM   #22
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

If its high performance but has to be treated like stock. What's the point. Call robby at pq and get you a real high performance motor with people that will stand behind long after you pay them. They may not fix it for free. But they will work with you
blake80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:35 PM   #23
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake80 View Post
If its high performance but has to be treated like stock. What's the point. Call robby at pq and get you a real high performance motor with people that will stand behind long after you pay them. They may not fix it for free. But they will work with you
What he said.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:36 AM   #24
Not Yet Wild

The MZJ400 is bullet proof. At least that was I was told by Altrax. They claimed they have never seen one fail. I'm smart enough to know everything fails at some point but wanted over kill so for 75.00 bucks it seemed worth it. In my opnion the GE motors seem to be extreamly well made. PQ will tell you the same thing. I had my D&D (P/N 170-505-001) motor reworked by PQ and so far so good. Probably going to send them my GE D1162 torque motor as well.
300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:47 AM   #25
trkbilder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I'm running the Bandit motor from PQ and could not be happier. It is an old Yamaha that I converted to solid state drive with the help of PQ. It runs 22 mph on level ground with everything else stock and 8" wheels. Robbie and the crew has helped me many times and Carson is a "hoot" just to sit and talk to. I really like everything about PQ and plan to put their motor in my 05 TXT PDS cart when the time comes.
trkbilder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
any experiences?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO