lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2011, 01:22 AM   #1
Fire-Man
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Wiring on Motor

I am trying to understand the wiring on the motor. There is a A1, A2 S1 and S2. Are 2 of these for forward and 2 for reverse? Which is which? Thanks
Fire-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2011, 06:41 AM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Wiring on Motor

The A's are for armature, the S's are for the field coils. To reverse direction the field gets flipped to the reverse polarity via the F/R switch. It's not like a permanent magnet motor where there is just a positive and negative.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:02 AM   #3
Fire-Man
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
The A's are for armature, the S's are for the field coils. To reverse direction the field gets flipped to the reverse polarity via the F/R switch. It's not like a permanent magnet motor where there is just a positive and negative.
Thanks! A couple more question's. From looking over the wiring it looks like one of the fields and one of the armature go through the "speed controller"(guessing on name) Is this Correct? Also to make sure I "GOT IT" correct----The armature wiring stays the same and the fields flip/flop for forward and reverse, but the voltage on both adjust for speed---Is this Correct? Thanks Again!

PS I want to understand this because I have a problem on one of my golf carts and To trouble shoot it I need to understand how it works.
Fire-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO