lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
Ryan T
Getting Wild

Default Motor Seal?

When I removed the PQ motor today I noticed a very small bit of oil under the motor indicating the probally original 2003 seal. Who all has replaced this seal before? I noticed a snap ring there also, I quess if thats removed that little input shaft just pulls out? Any one have a price or availability of this seal, its a 03 exgo. Thanks
Ryan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #2
libertybellcdr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Motor Seal?

I have a 97 TXT and I completely disassembled my OEM motor and cleaned it. I don't remember any seals. Can you be more specific?
libertybellcdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:36 PM   #3
Chris 195 7/8 B&C
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertybellcdr View Post
I have a 97 TXT and I completely disassembled my OEM motor and cleaned it. I don't remember any seals. Can you be more specific?
I think he is talking about the seal going into rear differential.
Chris 195 7/8 B&C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:48 AM   #4
Ryan T
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 195 7/8 B&C View Post
I think he is talking about the seal going into rear differential.
Yes, Im talking of the one in the diff. After doing a search here and seeing pictures of bad oily messes and caked oil and grease behind the motor.... its a seep at most, no big deal. But while the motor is off Id still like to find one and replace it. In my search Ive not found a vendor thats talked about having them or a price just yet, anyone? Thanks
Old 02-19-2011, 12:52 AM   #5
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Need to change mine to before my PQ motor gets here. It's an o-ring. You should be able to get one at any auto parts store. Hopefully one of the guys will chime in but as fas as I was told by my dealer, you just remove the snap ring and pull out the shaft. Remove the o-ring from the housing and match it up at the auto parts store and reverse procedure.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:02 AM   #6
Ryan T
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
Need to change mine to before my PQ motor gets here. It's an o-ring. You should be able to get one at any auto parts store. Hopefully one of the guys will chime in but as fas as I was told by my dealer, you just remove the snap ring and pull out the shaft. Remove the o-ring from the housing and match it up at the auto parts store and reverse procedure.
Appreciate it. I'll jerk it apart tomorrow and find out. After replacment, I'll post my findings and part numbers if there are any. With out really studying it it just looked like a reg. ol' oil seal wich would prob. like most have the number on it. We'll see
Old 02-19-2011, 06:48 AM   #7
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

check with MMT. he is a sponsor and ezgo parts supplier.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO