lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
ricky b
Not Yet Wild

Default Grease and Lube

OK I have READ the manual in the Sticky. I have a 2003 EZ GO PDS TXT and I can only find one zerk on this car and that is up at the front. Are there any more on this cart?

Second I wanted to check the rear end lube and the only plug I can find looks to be at the bottom of the rear end. So based on the manual I take this plug out and add some lube until it weeps out. Based on the manual this is where you add and to me it looks like this is where you would drain. Rick
ricky b is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2011, 12:05 AM   #2
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Lightbulb Re: Grease and Lube

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky b View Post
OK I have READ the manual in the Sticky. I have a 2003 EZ GO PDS TXT and I can only find one zerk on this car and that is up at the front. Are there any more on this cart?

Second I wanted to check the rear end lube and the only plug I can find looks to be at the bottom of the rear end. So based on the manual I take this plug out and add some lube until it weeps out. Based on the manual this is where you add and to me it looks like this is where you would drain. Rick

You are correct on both counts!
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
ricky b
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Grease and Lube

Thanks Andy I finally jacked the whole cart up and took out all the batteries. Going over the battery box getting rid of some rust and really looked that rear end over and I saw no filler plug. I do see where the lowest level is between the plug and the front of cart.

Is this something a lot of people change out???
Old 03-29-2011, 09:08 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

An 03 is ready for a rear lube oil change. The manual calls for 30wt motor oil ... I like to drop the pan and clean it good. Lots of sledge and metal shavings in the bottom, always. Then straighten out the pan edge you bent prying it off of the diff and take the gasket surface to the wire wheel on the grinder.... When it is flat and clean put a bead of RTV silicone on the edge and fill with oil ( I add some STP ) and then carefully reinstall the filled pan onto the diff bottom. This way I can slightly over fill them.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
ricky b
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Scotty B that helped also. Rick
Old 03-29-2011, 11:29 AM   #6
K2merckx
Not Yet Wild

Glad I read this post.

Had my cart jacked up for some other work and decided to pull the pan to check the rear lube since it is a 2001 PDS (bought used a year ago) and the pan was bone dry. Yikes!
K2merckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO