lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: is a resistor cart worth the trouble?

Without re-starting an old fight I suggest you find a solid state speed control cart. Lighter and better suited for your purpose in my opinion. You will get longer range and it will be easier to upgrade. Just go right now and look for lift kit options for the new & old carts.

You can enjoy either one.... this is just an opinion.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2011, 09:03 AM   #12
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Without re-starting an old fight I suggest you find a solid state speed control cart. Lighter and better suited for your purpose in my opinion. You will get longer range and it will be easier to upgrade. Just go right now and look for lift kit options for the new & old carts.

You can enjoy either one.... this is just an opinion.
What he said !!!!!!!
davet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:59 AM   #13
cartnewb
Not Yet Wild

Well thanks for all the advice........ think im going to hold out for maore of what i want! so what years should i look for? I beleave the majority like the series but what years inparticular or does it realy mater? THANKS AGAIN for your help
cartnewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:26 PM   #14
braxx
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I started with a resistor cart for $500 and after replacing the battery rack and putting in a new set of batteries it would go 7-8mph on flat ground. I had it for a month and decided that it was not going to suit my needs. Looked on ebay and bid/won a 2005 TXT PDS with 2008 Trojan batteries, Aluminum bed, roof, charger. For $1100
Put those 2008 batteries into my old resistor cart and sold it for $600, put those new batteries into my 2005 TXT.
Stock my TXT goes 13-14mph on flat ground. Put in a freedom chip and it went 19mph.
I think I'm way ahead of the game with the 2005 TXT
braxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:14 AM   #15
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by braxx View Post
I started with a resistor cart for $500 and after replacing the battery rack and putting in a new set of batteries it would go 7-8mph on flat ground. I had it for a month and decided that it was not going to suit my needs. Looked on ebay and bid/won a 2005 TXT PDS with 2008 Trojan batteries, Aluminum bed, roof, charger. For $1100
Put those 2008 batteries into my old resistor cart and sold it for $600, put those new batteries into my 2005 TXT.
Stock my TXT goes 13-14mph on flat ground. Put in a freedom chip and it went 19mph.
I think I'm way ahead of the game with the 2005 TXT
What he said !!!!
davet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:15 PM   #16
cartnewb
Not Yet Wild

Yea i passed on the 90's resistor cart....... And i am picking up a 98 series with 08 trojans. lights and a dump bed for 1000$. think im better off going this way! Thanks for the advice and the experiences.
cartnewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO