lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2011, 08:05 PM   #1
carson398
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 91 ezgo hp

does anyone know how much the horsepower is on a 1991 ezgo electric cart
carson398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 91 ezgo hp

My '91 came with a 2HP motor. After 20 years was still pushing the cart to 14mph (eventually). Just last month I replaced it with a 2.5 horse 3300rpm motor. Made a big difference. +3mph and much stronger on the hills.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
72volt_ezgo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 91 ezgo hp

If you are asking the continuous rating of the motor then it's probably 2 HP.

That means it should handle 2 HP worth off wattage going to the motor indefinitely without burning up.

I'm saying this because it is pretty meaningless to rate an electric motor HP compared to a gasoline engine HP because the electric is rated at it's continuous duty while the gas is rated at it's peak HP.

1 HP = 746 watts. As an example my cart has a 2 HP rated motor however on a hard takeoff on 72 volts I can pull 230 amps for a second,that means at that instant I am pumping (72 X 230=) 16560 watts or 16.5 KW / 746= 22.19 HP on takeoff! With plenty of torque too : )

I know you were not comparing in your question,I just thought I mention this often not considered fact with an example.
72volt_ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:41 AM   #4
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: 91 ezgo hp

As 72volt_ezgo pointed out motor horse power ratings aren't that great. There are all kinds of things that effect them in a electric cart. The motor ratings are at best used for a starting point.
If your cart has a 2hp motor and it's 15 years old I doubt very seriously it's going to be 2 horse power any more. Also your battery pack effects what the motor will do. The cart is no better than the worst battery in it. The electrical system in general will have a effect as well. Every contact, bolt connection anything loose will effect the horse power rating.
Manufacturers rating are for a perfect world setting.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO