lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
Harold Powell
Not Yet Wild

Default Controller wiring and Battery connection to it.

I have 1997 EZGO 36 volt golf cart w/series motor. When I got it the controller was in the dash. Wiring on the solenoid was somewhat connected to the harness and did include heavy cables. It had no batteries or battery cables. I installed the correct 1206-4301 controller and mounted the solenoid. I need help with the wiring. I looked at the diagram to connect harness and some of the heavy gage wires. I need to know where to connect the Battery + and Battery - wire to the controller. The solenoid looks to have been used while being mounted upside down. Can anyone help me get right. I'm not going to power this thing up and burn up a new controller battery cables and new batteries.
Harold Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Controller wiring and Battery connection to it.

your controller has 3 lugs on top. they are labeled B+, B-, and M-. the Battery + cable goes to the B+ lug, the battery- cable goes to the B-, and the cable from the A1 lug on the motor connects to the M- lug on the controller.

Series Cart Wiring Diagram.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
Harold Powell
Not Yet Wild

I also have two other cables connected to B+ lug. One goes to the F/R control and one to the solenoid. This sound right to you.
Harold Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Look at the diagram.....YES .......to get power from the batteries, you should have two connected to the B+. you should have one cable going from the Main Battery+ to one large post of the solenoid, then another going from the opposite side of the solenoid to the B+ lug of the Controller. the second one on the B+ on the controller will go to the F&R bottom (A) stud.

And you would have a cable from the Battery - to the B- and there will be a SMALL black wire from the controller on the B- lug to the small post on the Negative side of the solenoid.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO