lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2014, 03:50 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax controller - CC precedent - very annoying

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
When I let my cart sit a while it does happen at times, as I use it this issue goes away, (sometimes when this happens I pump the pedal a few times and she is up and running smooth again). I know eventually I'll need to replace the MCOR. Just like my F/R switch, when it sits a few weeks It won't work correctly, I have to go back and forth on the switch a few times before it makes contact, these electrical switches are prone to heat wear and any moisture/high humidity like it is here.
The trouble with that is you don't know where you will be when it quits for good... if Murphy is on board you will be at the farthest end of the deer lease in the rain
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2014, 04:13 PM   #12
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The trouble with that is you don't know where you will be when it quits for good... if Murphy is on board you will be at the farthest end of the deer lease in the rain
LOL yea it never fails
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:22 PM   #13
Blanko
Getting Wild
Club Car

Well Murphy hasn't hit yet (ie pedal was smooth with oem Curtis ) and being originally from the Emerald Isle I'm very familiar with that saying - normally applied to dropping a piece of buttered toast on the floor (Murphy's law being it will fall buttered side down)

All right.........I will get a new MCOR. In for a cent in got a dollar :(
Blanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 07:16 PM   #14
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Blanko, I've got the same problem with the DCX controller. Did the new MCOR fix it?
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:04 PM   #15
cmar143
Gone Wild

Sergio described the problem right. The MCOR worked fine until CC brought the MCOR3 along and thats when everybody started having compatibility issues. The throttle was so bad that even some new ones out of the bag didnt work with Curtis controllers. They now have the MCOR4 which I think is a little more dependable. However I think the MCOR2 is still the best and I wish they didnt switch from that model. I dont know where you purchased the Alltrax controller but I will bet they wont take it back once you have mounted it but I would recommend trying the MCOR4 because its alot more smooth then its predecessor.
cmar143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:43 PM   #16
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmar143 View Post
Sergio described the problem right. The MCOR worked fine until CC brought the MCOR3 along and thats when everybody started having compatibility issues. The throttle was so bad that even some new ones out of the bag didnt work with Curtis controllers. They now have the MCOR4 which I think is a little more dependable. However I think the MCOR2 is still the best and I wish they didnt switch from that model. I dont know where you purchased the Alltrax controller but I will bet they wont take it back once you have mounted it but I would recommend trying the MCOR4 because its alot more smooth then its predecessor.

I have a MCOR 2 and had the same issues.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:04 PM   #17
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm concerned that the replacement MCOR might still read 6K-1K instead of 5K-0 ohms.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:24 PM   #18
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
I'm concerned that the replacement MCOR might still read 6K-1K instead of 5K-0 ohms.
If you have the software & cable to connect to the controller, I've read that you can tune it to work. I've read deeply into the Alltrax documentation, I didn't want to spend tweaking on a system, this is something IMO that you set and leave it alone. I can't knock Alltrax they have an excellent product, the MCORs can give troubles, they probably aren't the best design but for stock use they probably never had issues. So we are the issues in most cases when it comes to modifying a purposely designed product that has proved to work for years without much issues.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:00 PM   #19
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm waiting to hear back from Alltrax before I decide what to do. I'd like to buy a new MCOR and forget about any software patch.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:27 PM   #20
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think all MCORs have always been 6.8kΩ across and a 1kΩ resistance in series with the wiper, so the swing is more like 1kΩ to 7.8kΩ, assuming it can travel to both extremes.

Just curious, does the cart take off too fast just as you hear the micro switch click or you hear it click, then still have some more pedal travel and then it takes off too fast?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car