lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2014, 07:09 PM   #11
Scott_nra
Getting Wild

Default Re: News Flash! Stock motor does not like 500 amps!

Mymonster, I contacted them a while back, told them what I wanted and that I had been looking at the D & D ES 81 and they basically said use that. They did not even try to sell me a motor, or offer their Features and benefits. Sent them another email over a week ago with no response. Guess they just do "Go Fast" motors. Now I have found a company that custom builds motors to order. (Electrical Motor Products, Inc.) I hear good things about the product.
Scott_nra is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2014, 07:12 PM   #12
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_nra View Post
Hey CCF, did you take out one of the springs in the front? Also, did this come with XH real leafs? Mine did and those things will knock out your fillings! I really like that little extra ground clearance of the 8" lift. I'm going to have a hard time just chucking that kit though, It was not "That" cheap. Haha.

After I finish this build and get through the learning curve, I will decide, do I keep it and change the lift, or sell it and start over with another build (making a little $ in the process) Around here a high performance cart like that would sell for around $6k. I'll have about $3500 in it or so. First things first. I need to get moving again.
I didn't try removing the short spring in the front because I really didn't want to alter the lift, so I just went with the AS SS lift. If you do decide to get one, they make a 7.5" version. I recommend Cart Parts Plus for that purchase, as that's where I got mine after a bad experience with site sponsor Trademark Carts. In the way of the motor, I'd send it off to PQ for the Bandit upgrade

-----------------

Just saw your post, can't go wrong with a EMP or D&D motor as well
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:37 PM   #13
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Scott, looked at your YT video and that isn't an Allsports lift you've got. It's a "no name" type just like mine - like CCFanatic said a lot of the site sponsors carry them. It can be made into an OK lift with a little work, but it is far from ideal like a real Allsports. I STRONGLY recommend taking that top spring out, mine is a 6 inch lift and I noticed no sag or ill effects, and gained front end articulation. As for the rear, for the best ride you will want to ditch those super heavy leaves, I think they set those up for cement trucks. I put my stock rear springs back on and got a real nice ride out of my cart - you can see the details in the 93 build thread in my signature.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:54 PM   #14
Great white north
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Cc fanatic if I were you trade off your old knock off Allsport lift and get a real lift a Jakes LT ( long travel ) front end it is worth the money
Cheers!
Great white north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 09:03 PM   #15
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

I got rid of the cheap lift and put on the Allsports Super Sport lift. I couldn't be happier with it. If I had the money, I'd definitely go LT
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 09:10 PM   #16
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_nra View Post
Mymonster, I contacted them a while back, told them what I wanted and that I had been looking at the D & D ES 81 and they basically said use that. They did not even try to sell me a motor, or offer their Features and benefits. Sent them another email over a week ago with no response. Guess they just do "Go Fast" motors. Now I have found a company that custom builds motors to order. (Electrical Motor Products, Inc.) I hear good things about the product.
Scott---although Electrical Motor Products is not a site sponsor, they are a great company to work with. They built me a motor for my EZGO and I couldn't have been more pleased. They built me exactly what I asked for. Be very specific with them about what how your cart is setup and what you are expecting in performance.
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 09:20 PM   #17
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olman View Post
Scott---although Electrical Motor Products is not a site sponsor, they are a great company to work with. They built me a motor for my EZGO and I couldn't have been more pleased. They built me exactly what I asked for. Be very specific with them about what how your cart is setup and what you are expecting in performance.
I agree. My EMP isn't exactly what I was after, but then again at the time I built the cart I didn't know exactly what to specify to them, so that is entirely my fault. The thing is built very well, in my build thread you can see a stock motor and mine side by side. It pushes my cart 20 mph on 20 inch tires with very good torque, and when I go 48 volts the thing will be a beast.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car