lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2014, 07:48 AM   #11
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Best Multimeter

One thing to keep in mind with these super cheap meters is that you will get the quality that you pay for..... These meters may have very thin insulation in the leads and probes now is this what you want in your hands if you are doing some measurement of AC voltage?
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2014, 09:23 AM   #12
CRD Dawg
Not Yet Wild

Will consider that. If anyone has experiences, good or bad, with certain brands, especially entry level, would like to hear. The Fluke meters look nice, but are more expensive and look more complicated to use than I'm probably qualified for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
CRD Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 12:50 PM   #13
Tenacious T
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Believe it or not ! Wal-mart has a really good one for under $30. The brand is Innova 3320 Red . Has buzz , diode test , and best of all you can load test small 1.5v - 12v. batteries . I've had one for over 10 years that I use on my pinball machines ! Look them up @ www.iEquus.com .
Tenacious T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 03:04 PM   #14
hucklburry
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

If someone asks me what meter, the answer is Fluke, the only real question is how much/little do you want to spend.

Years ago I bought a 78 for like $73 delivered off Ebay and use it at home and professionally, been a great meter for 480V 3phase work and on the cart.
hucklburry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 03:51 PM   #15
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious T View Post
Believe it or not ! Wal-mart has a really good one for under $30. The brand is Innova 3320 Red . Has buzz , diode test , and best of all you can load test small 1.5v - 12v. batteries . I've had one for over 10 years that I use on my pinball machines ! Look them up @ www.iEquus.com .
I have had an Innova 3320 for over 20 years. Has always worked good for me. Can't even remember where I bought it.
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 11:05 PM   #16
CRD Dawg
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info! I was actually looking at the Innova 3320 on Amazon for $22. Got pretty good reviews for the price. Will it allow me to test the whole series of batteries as a group as well, or is it only capable of testing them individually? Thanks.

Old 12-25-2014, 07:27 AM   #17
Tenacious T
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Spec's are = 0-600 DCV. so I think your good there ! 0-600 ACV. Bottom line is it's a great meter and as close as your nearest Wal-mart .
Tenacious T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 09:47 AM   #18
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I've been somewhat partial to various Radio Shack meters, particularly a model that folds in clam shell fashion and is auto-ranging. I really, really like the auto-ranging feature. Have used that meter for probably 25 years, and was lucky enough to pick up another at a hamfest, as they're no longer in the catalog.

Also, any meter that I use regularly has home-made test leads: I use genuine Test Prod wire, which is very flexible, and alligator clips (with insulating boots) on the ends. It is rare for me to actually need test prods; I just grab them from another meter when necessary.
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:24 PM   #19
CRD Dawg
Not Yet Wild

Thanks again for all the info. Another question. When testing a battery or the whole series, I assume the keys should be out, but my question is, should the cart be on "Run" or should it be switched to "Tow" before testing?

Old 12-25-2014, 06:52 PM   #20
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRD Dawg View Post
Thanks again for all the info. Another question. When testing a battery or the whole series, I assume the keys should be out, but my question is, should the cart be on "Run" or should it be switched to "Tow" before testing?

The position of the Tow/Run switch shouldn't matter
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car