lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2015, 08:30 AM   #21
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Need hill climbing power! controller or motor?

Just a thought,BUT the wires to the motor. Are the large ones on the A1 and A2. If somehow while switching things around the 10 gauge wire got put on the A1 or A2 that would cause it to not pull a hill very good. I mean if you had controller and everything off it could happen.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2015, 08:56 AM   #22
cjpenny89
Gone Wild

it was color coded and I wrote it all down but that is not to say I didn't screw it up. I will look tonight.
cjpenny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:15 PM   #23
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Stock is a 225 amp unit. I will give you a good deal on everything if you would like to get everything as spares, as Regen 2 parts are hard to find
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 07:29 PM   #24
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I was told at that point to swap the motor leads seemed to work good, could this be part of my problem?
Could be, you may be in the 1/2 speed reverse mode. You would have to be careful to check this. See if you go faster in reverse than forward. I would suggest a big parking lot.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:04 PM   #25
Balthazar00
Getting Wild

I have a 2001 Club Car DS w/IQ Controller. I've been looking for more torque and per recommendation by a few people on this site, I called ScottyB at Carts Unlimited. Super nice guy and we talked about what I needed. Since the stock controller on my cart is a Curtis (about 250 amps), I've decided to go with a Curtis 500 amp IQ controller from Flight Systems Industrial Products (FSIP) in Pennsylvania (ScottyB recommended that I contact them since I have an IQ controller). I'm also going with a heavy duty solenoid and 4 gauge battery and motor wires (from Carts Unlimited, recommended by ScottyB). I'm planning on making the purchase early next week and will have it all installed by the end of the week. I'm keeping the stock motor because I'm really just looking for more torque and not so much top end speed. I'll keep you posted on how all this works. I'm told that it should wake up my cart on the low-end torque around 30% or so.
Balthazar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:06 PM   #26
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Cool, good luck

----------

Just out of curiosity, what is your serial number. There are no 01 IQs. IQs started in 02. I know you have an IQ because I have seen the programming port on your cart in your pics
Old 01-23-2015, 10:46 PM   #27
Balthazar00
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
Cool, good luck

----------

Just out of curiosity, what is your serial number. There are no 01 IQs. IQs started in 02. I know you have an IQ because I have seen the programming port on your cart in your pics
AC0109-995860. I've been told by FSIP and the local shop that works on my cart that it is a 2001 with and IQ controller. I'm really a newbie to all this, so I'm just learning. I've only had the cart since the end of July. I sure did get a really good deal on it, however. And overall, it's in fabulous shape!
Old 01-23-2015, 11:01 PM   #28
Balthazar00
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
Cool, good luck

----------

Oh... BTW... This is why I decided to break down and get a lift, bigger wheels/tires, HD rear leaf springs, and a controller. And just look what had to pull me out! My wife's "Beast"!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20141227_133017.jpg (370.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20141227_134733.jpg (446.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-23-2015, 11:10 PM   #29
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar00 View Post
AC0109-995860. I've been told by FSIP and the local shop that works on my cart that it is a 2001 with and IQ controller. I'm really a newbie to all this, so I'm just learning. I've only had the cart since the end of July. I sure did get a really good deal on it, however. And overall, it's in fabulous shape!
It sounds like an IQ conversion from a Regen 2 cart
Old 01-24-2015, 09:51 AM   #30
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I like the look of her cart, was it painted black like that or purchased?
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car