lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2015, 06:30 AM   #1
CanAmMan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Radio setup?

I have a 2000 EZGO TXT and I am thinking about adding a radio for riding around the campground, neighborhood and when training dogs on the weekend.
What do y'all have? In dash or overhead? what are the pros/cons of each.
Would like for the radio to have CD, Aux. plug for I-Pod, bluetooth.
I have seen some overhead systems that they say are plug and play are these any good?
Would it be best to run power from the main battery pack or get it's own battery just in case there are other accessories I may want to add later.
I know I have other questions but can't think right now, it is just too early and too cold for my old brain to function properly!!
I was thinking of getting new batteries for the cart and if I needed to run this off a separate battery I could take one of the batteries I am replacing and use it for power?
CanAmMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2015, 07:32 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Radio setup?

I bought an overhead console, then bought a stereo and speakers from Crutchfield. I'm quite happy with mine. I packed the console with insulation, to keep the bass from rattling things.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:08 AM   #3
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

On a stock ezgo an overhead or dash radio is perfectly fine. On lifted ezgo txt's that go off-road the overhead pod shook so bad it drove me crazy, couldn't stand it unless I crawled along. It's because the txt roof supports and mounting to the plastic roof sucks. Definitely go dash radio if txt off-road lifted cart is the intended ride.

To compare carts, I have an overhead pod in my Yamaha G29 and it is perfectly solid off-road.

If dash radio is used next is speaker locations. I dislike the sound when mounted to the bottom of the dash or behind the legs on the carts body. The sound just isn't good enough there as it's not pointed towards the driver. Dash cubbys are best but you loose storage space.

I recommend running power from a 12v aux battery rather then the carts pack. Charge after each use unless you add a 12v gauge for aux battery. You can kill it just as fast as main pack if not kept charged properly. On a 12v battery 11.50v is way dead. 12.73v is full charged. Shouldn't let it get below 12.10v really.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:55 AM   #4
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

About a year ago I bought a new radio for the cart, it had a usb port, a SD card slot and a aux plug, no CD player. It's so much easier to carry your music on a thumb drive or SD card
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 02:48 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I agree with the comments about an overhead in offroad use. I had to stiffen mine in several places to keep the squeaky/rocking noise to a minimum on my overhead.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 01:02 AM   #6
Mikesn31
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I used the storage boxes for Kenwood 6x9 3way speakers powered by a $26.00 China eBay in dash FM radio that has a front 3.5mm input jack and a USB port for my Bluetooth dongle and they sound great! Plus if it gets shook to death it didn't cost much to begin with. I truly am surprised though how good it sounds. Here is the radio

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...323237&alt=web
Mikesn31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 01:11 AM   #7
rammunition361
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

mine is in dash, speakers under cup holder with a voltage reducer. sound awesome. get marine speakers
rammunition361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO