lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2015, 09:06 AM   #11
Cdebo1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G21 help.

Ok so I just retested I am getting just under 140 cold and fresh. 150ish with oil
Cdebo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2015, 09:10 AM   #12
Cdebo1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Ok so I am getting 140 compression and 150 with a little oil in the cylinder. But attached is what assume should be the weight. All the rollers are flat and I may as well change the rollers and weights. But online hat totals to over 300$ lucky I got a buddy that's a yamie dealer and I can get complete primary clutch for under the 3 mark :) should I just replace the entire thing
Old 04-11-2015, 09:20 AM   #13
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Can you post a picture of the clutch?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 09:38 AM   #14
Cdebo1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Here is he clutch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (151.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-11-2015, 09:50 AM   #15
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

If it's missing parts and is that messed up, I would just go ahead and get a new OEM clutch and be done with it.

Aftermarket clutches from China aren't that great.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 09:52 AM   #16
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Why the heck is the weight missing Take the belt off, grab the clutch and move it side to side to see if the bushings in the sliding sheave are worn. Also check the face (were the belt rides) to see if the aluminum is worn. Is the place the missing weight attatches broken? If all checks good, I'll send you a good used weight/bolt and plastic washers. If doesn't check out good...get the whole new OEM clutch assy.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 07:28 PM   #17
Cdebo1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thanks smallblock i called my local yamaha dealer that i am good with for boat parts here in miami and i order new....COMPLETE Clutch Assy. New Throttle to Governor Cable (opened the ACCEL plate and found a make shift cable tie wrapped to accel ....OMG) New Governor to Carb cable new carb gaskets and air cleaner gaskets......hopefully swap this out next week and boom goes the dynamite!!! on another note..Are there any aftermarket mufflers for the 351 that will quite it down a bit???

P.S. After i had it all apart and just ran the cart with my hand on the governor she ran well....Seemed to get a good amount of speed so i am thinking all will be well once i get these parts correct i can't believe people rig things like this........
Old 04-11-2015, 08:04 PM   #18
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Glad to see you are going to fix it right! I cant stand it when people 'rig 'em up with junk, then get upset when you tell them that their rig-job is why it does not do what they expect.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:13 PM   #19
Cdebo1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Ha.....me too. Some people just don't thin. thanks CG I will post Picts as I go along.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha