lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2015, 10:00 PM   #11
Gr8hntr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Brushguard time

I'm thinkin something like this

Gr8hntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2015, 07:23 AM   #12
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8hntr View Post
I'm thinkin something like this

Well, based on my experience....and just my experience...which up front I will say is very limited, I would opt for the one that I'm getting that has two tubes that wrap from one side to the other as opposed to just one tube. The one I'm replacing has just one tube and it's been "weak" from the get-go. So, my reinforcements have helped.....but still two would have been better. I'll see how that works out.

I really don't know if the plastic covers on the one's your referencing are anything more than just "show." I can tell you that after one hunting season with me....they would be just parts of plastic in the woods. It's not that I slam into trees.....but the sides would catch fence post, or backing up the edges would snag stuff and crack it. Way to much of a PITA to be on my cart. It has to be #1 functional and #2 looks or it doesn't see my cart. IF that front black gizmo is metal....that would be even worse. Way to much metal to get hung up in heavy weeds, low tree limbs, or just about anything else that I could not think of.....it would get jammed up in there.

JMHO

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:01 PM   #13
h20fow1er
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I wonder what the wall thickness was on your current guard before the rinforcement. Moving the winch lower will certainly impact the downforce and help prevent it from bending down.

Thanks for the followup!
h20fow1er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:08 PM   #14
DIRTPIT HC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looks like from the pic that Gr8hntr posted that the winch is located / attached very close to the frame. I would think if your winch mount was pulling mainly from the frame it would be much stronger the brush guard would not have to be as heavily made.
DIRTPIT HC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:26 PM   #15
DIRTPIT HC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I found a pic of the brush gaurd I fabed up. I took the plastic "bumper" off and made one out of a piece of 4x3 angle iron used for a lentil over a window when bricking. I'm in the construction field. I then just used 1" sq tubing to fab the rest. While the 1" sq isn't that strong, the angle iron that is attached to frame rails is. I have since taken the hook off and put a ball hitch on the front because durring hunting season I have a cargo rack on the back receiver hitch for game. Hitch on the front makes it easy to move the trailer around the camp yard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (255.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-17-2015, 12:29 PM   #16
DIRTPIT HC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Could only get one pic to post on first post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (249.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-17-2015, 01:29 PM   #17
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by h20fow1er View Post
I wonder what the wall thickness was on your current guard before the rinforcement. Moving the winch lower will certainly impact the downforce and help prevent it from bending down.

Thanks for the followup!
Yeah....there is no doubt that mounting the winch lower will help prevent the "pulling" downward on the brush guard. Remember that I use my cart at least 3X a week and when I do I winch it on and off my truck every time. There is no such thing as a "just drive it on and drive it off" kind of thing. Way to many bad things can happen with 1,000lbs and the slip of a tire or the slip of a ramp on the back of a pickup. None of that is worth getting crushed over. With my Warne wired remote winch I just stand beside the pickup bed and let it do it's thing. I've not had a problem yet.....but if something were to happen, at worse the cart would drop on its side or roll down the ramp and smack something. I'm very vigilant about keeping people out of the way. Just say "Cart may break loose and kill you" and they move pretty fast!!!
Old 06-17-2015, 06:35 PM   #18
Gr8hntr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I agree
plastic and hunting buggies don't mix lol
got any ideas for a fender flair I won't bust on trees n such ... all mine a busted now and looking to find something. .. I just liked the looks of the brush guard couldn't tell ya how good it is
Gr8hntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:01 PM   #19
h20fow1er
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Dave, Any update?
h20fow1er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 04:44 PM   #20
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Well, I have the front and rear bumpers in my garage. Now, I will say the tubing is probably a tad thinner than what I currently have.....but OTOH, this current model has two tubes that wrap (front) all the way from left to right (or right to left ....if your left handed :) ) so I believe this is going to make the brush guard much stronger than my existing one. I'm a little skeptical of the winch holder.....but I could be dead wrong on that as well. Time will tell and frankly.....I'll know in about two or three weeks if it will hold up because I use my front winch to "drag" my cart on and off my truck all the time.

Now, for the rear tube bumper I think it will work just fine. The 2" hitch receiver is welded in very solid and the bolts\nuts they gave me are quality. So, my wifes "garden wagon" will get much more use, and my deer hauler will hold up just fine this fall.

I'll post some pics when I get around to painting it and mounting. I'll be busy attempting to mount this.....fly fish.....groundhog hunt....and skeet shoot. Hey.....it's a tough life with all these choices!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO