lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2015, 12:11 PM   #1
ovrpar21
Not Yet Wild

Default 1994 EZGO Speed controller part #

I need to replace my speed controller but I am having trouble finding one that looks like the one I have. I have 4 posts for battery cables and the ones I am fining only have three.

Does anyone know the part number to this controller?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1994 ezgo speed controller.jpg (163.6 KB, 0 views)
ovrpar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2015, 12:48 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 1994 EZGO Speed controller part #

Looks like a 1206 series controller but not 100%. Should be a number on it somewhere. Are you looking for original or aftermarket?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:50 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The part# is 73056-G01, but has been replaced by 73056-G04 which only has three terminals (No A2 terminal).

The A2 terminal was(is) used in things like forklifts that are routinely shifted from forward to reverse while moving.

To use a three terminal controller in your cart, bolt the two wires that went to the A2 terminal together, insulate them and secure the connection so it doesn't touch anything. Or if either of the cables is long enough to go from motor to F/R switch, discard the shorter one. Or replace the two cables with one long enough to reach.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:12 AM   #4
ovrpar21
Not Yet Wild

That helps out a lot. Thank you!
Old 07-13-2015, 04:20 AM   #5
ovrpar21
Not Yet Wild

I was really not sure which one to go with in aftermarket. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 07-13-2015, 06:43 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Two of the bigger companies are Alltrax and FSIP. Both are sold by our sponsors on this site.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:35 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yeah, i would skip the stock one & get something bigger from fsip or alltrax.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:46 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

What you are showing is a 1994.5 Medalist TXT type controller with ITS throttle. FSIP doesn't make a control for this cart without the use of a throttle adapter which quite frankly I have not had the best luck with so I don't sell them. Alltrac SPM400 for campgrounds and 500 for on/off road hills, big tires, rear seats ...etc. is the best choice in my opinion. The plug and play reverse polarity protection, auto throttle calculation, and highest peak and sustained out puts make this a no brainer choice for the series TXT carts.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 10:05 PM   #9
Ficus tree
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The part# is 73056-G01, but has been replaced by 73056-G04 which only has three terminals (No A2 terminal).

The A2 terminal was(is) used in things like forklifts that are routinely shifted from forward to reverse while moving.

To use a three terminal controller in your cart, bolt the two wires that went to the A2 terminal together, insulate them and secure the connection so it doesn't touch anything. Or if either of the cables is long enough to go from motor to F/R switch, discard the shorter one. Or replace the two cables with one long enough to reach.
I just bought a 94 medalist, it has the a2 terminal on the controller but is not hooked up, should it be, what would it really do?
Ficus tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:44 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ficus tree View Post
I just bought a 94 medalist, it has the a2 terminal on the controller but is not hooked up, should it be, what would it really do?
Without the A2 terminal connected, if you shift from F to R (or R to F) while cart is moving at a significant speed, the motor abruptly stops turning and the cart slides to a standstill before changing direction.

With the A2 terminal connected, if you shift from F to R (or R to F) while cart is moving at a significant speed, the motor resists turning and the cart rapidly decelerates to a standstill before changing direction. (aka Plug Braking)

If you don't routinely shift the cart's direction while the cart is moving at a significant speed, it doesn't matter if the A2 terminal is connected or not.

If the high current connection between the motor's A2 stud and the F/R switch is two cables bolted together in the vicinity of the controller, I'd reconnect them to the A2 terminal on the controller, but if it is just one continuous cable from motor to F/R switch, I'd leave it as is.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO