lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2015, 03:57 PM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Can anybody tell me about this old Yamaha?

I just saw the post about the steering not being hooked up. The steering is the most difficult part to get right. If it's not done right, it can be very dangerous. I'd be nervous about the fab work and welding, it doesn't look safe. It's definitely a project. The G1 is cool, but the non reverse transaxle is a big hurdle for big blocking it. Just depends on what you are looking for. In my opinion, this is a parts cart. Any non running cart that needs major work to get moving is $100 no more. I wouldn't pay $350, that's just me.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2015, 04:48 PM   #12
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Yes I will check out any mods that have been done and make a decision. I know I will have to change the rear end. I may have already found a G2 rear if I buy it. Thanks Slo I will not pay $350 either. If the work looks like they knew what they were doing then it may be worth a little extra but not $350. I can get a EZGO under $200. to start with if I want that has not been modified and could go that way if this looks moused up.

Steering/ suspension does not bother me as I have done major steering changes on Early Bronco's for 20+ years so as long as its not moused up. I may have to ask questions to get info on best types of steering gear to use for steering mods. One thing I will not put up with is bump steer on any system so I hope whoever did the suspension left me something to work with.
Thanks guys,
barn
Bronco Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 05:36 PM   #13
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

BTW anything in this post in "quotes" are of questionable merit!

When I bought our '72 Bronco in '95 it had a moused up steering box "grafted" to the frame.... Bronco's have a steering box that is unique only to Early Broncos and before 73 where all manual boxes so you see many of them with god only knows steering boxes "put on" their frames... I have had 35 of them over the years and have seen it all!

Anyhow I took one look and decided to check it out further.... The plates "welded?" to the frame looked like they used globs of bubblegum on them as welds.

After taking the box off I hit one mount with a hammer 1 time and it flew off the frame and across the garage! ... The other I grabbed with a vice grip and just tore it off! SCARY! This guy was driving it like that!

Then because I was using a F-150 2wd box and needed to shorten my steering shaft, I pulled the column and shaft out.... The steering shaft inside the column where it could not be seen they "braised" the shaft together and ground down the "weld" so the bearing would slip over! The shaft was just chamfered on each side and filled with cool looking brazing rod!

I pulled a stock shaft out of another Bronco I had and fitted the new box to the frame, measured how long I needed to cut and have re-splined and fit a Borgeson universal joint and coupler to the shaft. Borgeson has been doing steering components for over 100 yrs. and this is all we used on the Pro Rally trucks the team had built.
I get real scared just thinking about how moused up it was!
Old 08-04-2015, 05:42 PM   #14
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

My dream ride. I'd let them cut my nuts off for a clean 66-77 Bronco. And you've had 35 of them?
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 05:49 PM   #15
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Yep I look for the "3 R's" Rolled, 'Recked or Rusted.
I build them if they are any good.... part them if they aren't and resell them when I can....
Old 08-04-2015, 05:53 PM   #16
jeff70
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokeasmowl View Post
My dream ride. I'd let them cut my nuts off for a clean 66-77 Bronco. And you've had 35 of them?
You and me both, My dad had a 73 that he sold without letting me get a chance at it, and then a clean uncut 69, yea he sold that one off to
jeff70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 05:54 PM   #17
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Oh and if you want a cleaner than new '77 I have a Bronco Bud in TN. with one for sale (about mid $40's) and another '69 uncut in MT that looks great for about mid $20's!

Andys 77 EB 1.jpg

BRONC PIX 005.JPG
Old 08-04-2015, 06:03 PM   #18
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff70 View Post
You and me both, My dad had a 73 that he sold without letting me get a chance at it, and then a clean uncut 69, yea he sold that one off to
Jeff
'Yer Dad sounds like my Aunt! She had a '66 Malibu I wanted and she sold it even though I told her since before I could drive I wanted it!
Old 08-06-2015, 03:58 PM   #19
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokindawg View Post
With the front the way it's attached it would be a lot of fab work to lift it now but still looks like a decent project cart with the ATV front end already grafted on. That is if they did the work correctly and didn't half-azz it.

The engine and rear does appear stock so if you 4 stroke it you'll need to change the rear end to retain reverse. A G2 will bolt in easily just by installing the G1 axles and housings on it.

Should be worth a couple hundred but I wouldn't give much for it not knowing how the work was done.
Checked it out and passed at $350..... The only reason after seeing it would be like someone said.... a parts cart...

I would buy it for the front suspension only and off the rest if I could.... Motor did start and run... Offered $125.00 and told him if he did not sell I was only going to buy it for the front end... frame in back is cracked and hacked.... front stuff just tacked on for now...
Parts cart!
Stock motor but it says "4 over" on shroud so what does that mean.... .040" over?? What CC size motor size does a stock G1 have?
Old 08-07-2015, 01:17 AM   #20
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

In Yamiland, 4th oversize = 1.0mm oversize = largest available, may have been rebuilt 4 times already. 1st oversize = .25mm. Next rebuild is gonna be a new Jug (still available i think).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha