lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2015, 04:25 PM   #1
Brassfield48
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 club car precedent to 6 eight volt batteries

Have a 2008 club car pq 0801-859372.now it has four 12 volt batteries..I've done the alltrax Dcx 400 with heavy duty solenoid. Did the bandit upgrade from plum quick. Got a dpi automatic charger. The 17 amp. One....now can I change my dead 12 volt batteries for 6 eight volt batteries with this set up or not??? I understand the battery tray will have to be modified. Thanks lots...doing away with obc as well.
Brassfield48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2015, 09:15 PM   #2
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2008 club car precedent to 6 eight volt batteries

Yes 48 volts is 48 volts to the electrics as well as electronics the only difference it you will now have a bigger "gas tank" as the six 8 volt batteries will increase your range over four 12 volts batteries....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:00 PM   #3
Brassfield48
Not Yet Wild

My run tow switch and obc is on a plate in the center of the battery pack . Can it be moved to the back of the battery box somehow for the new 8 volt battery's to fit or will they fit as is.??
Old 09-07-2015, 06:19 PM   #4
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

I can't comment on how you will fit the 6/8 in place of the 4/12 but will comment that you can move your RUN/TOW switch anywhere you please as it is but a simple SPST toggle switch thus all it knows is ON/OFF to which I spliced mine and moved it outside next to my F/R switch and covered it with one of those guarded aircraft style toggle guards with the hindged red plastic cover... As to the OBC it can be moved and could care less as long as it is protected from extrema moisture and dirt etc; you will still need your main neg battery cable passing through it so that it can still sense how much energy is used.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:57 PM   #5
Brassfield48
Not Yet Wild

Going to do away with obc so think I'll do this a see what happens. Thanks teecro for your input.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:06 PM   #6
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassfield48 View Post
Going to do away with obc so think I'll do this a see what happens. Thanks teecro for your input.
If you get rid of the OBC you will need yourself a better class of as the club car chargers have no brain and need the OBC telling it what to do. Get the 17 amp Accusence from DPI and it will keep your batteries in a higher state of charge by never shutting down completely; it float charges them.... This is what I did...
Old 09-08-2015, 03:17 PM   #7
Brassfield48
Not Yet Wild

Got one. Dpi that is... Think I need to run a ground wire from gray wire on back of charging plug to neg battery. Then jump red and blue wire together after unplugging gray plug. Is that right ? Thanks ahead
Old 09-08-2015, 03:53 PM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassfield48 View Post
Got one. Dpi that is... Think I need to run a ground wire from gray wire on back of charging plug to neg battery. Then jump red and blue wire together after unplugging gray plug. Is that right ? Thanks ahead
Gray wire is not used by the DPI accusense, you need a 10ga wire from receptacle negative to pack negative.

The blue and red wires jumped at the OBC connector is the correct bypass for the charger lockout circuit.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:38 PM   #9
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is a link to convert from 4 - 12v to 6 - 8v that you are looking for.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-part-1-a.html
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:37 PM   #10
Brassfield48
Not Yet Wild

Well I have a 6 crown 8 volt batteries in place..thanks to you guys for all your input.. Going to do the Scotty b battery brake in.. You guys are so nice to help us dummies out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car