lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2015, 09:52 AM   #11
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Factory Charger OK with upgraded batteries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa_bob View Post
OK! got it now Teecro. last question--- and then this gentleman, can have his thread back. Maybe this is question he has too,while these batteries are being charged......Must they be charging, as per most unsealed batteries, in many autos.All the caps removed from the cells?? good day at ya teecro bob s.
Sorry Bob, never heard of your "as per" but then again I'm only in my 50's so I don't know of all wive's tales or tails either... LOL
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2015, 01:59 PM   #12
Rexwood
Not Yet Wild

I just want to make sure I understand what was said here. I am thinking about replacing my stock 2012 CC precedent batteries with new Crown 190's. Did I understand that the factory charger is sufficient for charging these new batteries? Do I need to do the 16 hour charge and 12 hour check every time I charge?

Thanks,
Rex
Rexwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 02:10 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The stock charger is fine.

16 hours is the maximum the charger will ever run, if the charge is not complete by then it will blink an error code on the battery warning light.

12 hours is how long You should allow the batteries to rest after a charge if You want to take a voltage reading to compare it against the SOC tables.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 02:46 PM   #14
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Sorry Bob, never heard of your "as per" but then again I'm only in my 50's so I don't know of all wive's tales or tails either... LOL
Must the batteries" as per"meant------ :sealed type batterys
require no cap removal............. as the unsealed batterys do require cap removal. You are only in your 50s you are a very sharp golf kar enthusiast .S orry if i messed up the line of thinking ,which i do that more often than i should again thank you for helping me
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:50 PM   #15
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

In the old days and most of the time even now, if you are working on an auto or airplane etc and service the battery you remove it from the battery box clean the battery, and the battery box paint it with acid resistance paint. If the water is over the plates in the battery you charge it for a specified time with the caps off then refine the water levels put the caps back on then it is ready to re-install. List on work order battery serviced "as per" service manual.

Have no ideal if anyone still does all that or not.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 07:36 AM   #16
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Factory Charger OK with upgraded batteries?

[quote=mrgolf;1221203]In the old days and most of the time even now, if you are working on an auto or airplane etc and service the battery you remove it from the battery box clean the battery, and the battery box paint it with acid resistance paint. If the water is over the plates in the battery you charge it for a specified time with the caps off then refine the water levels put the caps back on then it is ready to re-install. List on work order battery serviced "as per" service manual.

Have As far as batteries in kars 14 of them around here. Istill do battery care like this .My wife says i am OC . b scharp

good on ya Mrgolf.
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car