lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2015, 10:15 AM   #1
Simp77
Not Yet Wild

Default Club car DS needs torque

I Have a 2006 club car DS. AQ0617-621731 has 8 6 volt Trojan batteries (2014). New 8inch lift with 23 inch tires. Advanced motors and drives motor. Rating AU2500 part number GG0-4001. My problem is that when I go slow through rough terrain my wires going to motor get really hot and the cart ends up shutting down. I have to sit for a while and then it will go again. Also if I go up a hill it stops. It is fully charged. Put it on the street and it does 22 MPH. I have 4 gauge battery wires. Was thinking of getting a bigger controller maybe a 400 or 500 amp controller with heavy duty sylenoid and increasing all cables to 2 gauge. Will my motor handle that? Any other suggestions. I would like to keep speed of 20 but want to be able to go through woods and some up hill terrain with out worrying about the cart shutting off. Thanks this is my first post
Simp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2015, 11:24 AM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Club car DS needs torque

There are plenty of options available that would suit you well. Call me if you'd like to discuss it. My phone number is on the web page. Link found below.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car