lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2016, 11:04 AM   #1
93 marathon
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default loud intake

hey guys, im kinda confused as to where to post this, but i'm gonna try it here.
i was gifted a ydra engine, so i rebuilt my 98 txt and used this engine. it runs really strong on low end not so much on high end. my problem is, being i didn't get the factory air box, i just bought a K&N cone filter. it sounds like it has straight pipes. i blocked the filter off and it was a lot quieter but lost the power. i built an air intake with PVC 4" with a cap and some holes. it helped some but not enough. i am about to try to put some baffles in it. i have serious doubts that it will help at all. any ideas? also what "G" should i be buying parts for? havnt really found very many parts for ydra, mainly oversized jet.
93 marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2016, 11:53 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: loud intake

YDRA = G29 The carb is the same as the G22, if I'm not mistaken...

http://www.cartpartsplus.com/carb-je...=yamaha%20jets
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:06 AM   #3
93 marathon
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks for the info. im getting the jet today. i baffled the intake and it made it bearable. it sounds like a four wheeler now instead of a pulp wood truck.
Old 04-03-2016, 11:28 AM   #4
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 marathon View Post
thanks for the info. im getting the jet today. i baffled the intake and it made it bearable. it sounds like a four wheeler now instead of a pulp wood truck.
What are you using for a muffler?

I have this engine in my G29 cart. After doing airbox mods, I noticed a louder, "throatier" sound due to increased intake flow, but it was nowhere near what you would get from a Quad or side-by-side. Most of that noise is exhaust related.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:43 AM   #5
93 marathon
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

exhaust is factory for that engine. but, there wasn't enough room to mount it under the seat so i made a header and ran it to the back right behind the axle (stock muffler welded to the back of header). i found a stock air box and ordered it. hopefully that will help. i dont mind a little throaty sound but this is a loud thoaty sound. its fine just riding around the yard, but we (me, wife, 3yr old) we go riding several miles at a time, several times a week. when its running 1/2 throttle steady, its nerve racking.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha