lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2017, 05:12 PM   #1
Pudd77
Not Yet Wild

Default 2013 Club Car

New guy here from Northern Va. area.
I have. 2013 Club Car precedent. Came from a large fleet. I've had it about 4 months. When I first purchased it would run for 30-45 minutes before the battery light came on. Now even after it's charged if it sets for a couple days the light will come on when the switch is first turned on and the cart won't move until the pedal is pressed, let off of and then pressed again. The battery light will illuminate during operation specifically when coming to a stop. Original batteries are in it and I have filled with water. My question is this a battery replacement issue or could it be anything else? Thanks.
Pudd77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2017, 05:36 PM   #2
Golferdave
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2013 Club Car

Yea
Slow loss of run time & speed
Sounds like a battery issue
Golferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 05:46 PM   #3
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Off hand I'd say that a 4 year old fleet cart surely would be in need of batteries; most fleet jobs are lucky to last 3 years... If you want to own an electric cart you really want to get yourself an inexpensive digital multimeter as that it the first tool you're going to need. Fully charge your batteries and unplug the charger, allow the batteries to rest 12 to 24 hours and take a DC voltage reading of each one and compare with this chart, and a fully charged pack can read upwards of 51 volts. Pending the outcome you may also want to get some under load voltage readings too...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SOC%20new.jpg (84.9 KB, 0 views)
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 05:56 PM   #4
Pudd77
Not Yet Wild

HVe a multimeter. Typical reading after 12hrs is 8.07 to 8.25 each. Thought after a shot rind today one read as low as 7.82. Just wanted to confirm it was a battery issue. Any suggestions on reasonable priced battery replacement?
Old 01-14-2017, 07:06 PM   #5
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudd77 View Post
HVe a multimeter. Typical reading after 12hrs is 8.07 to 8.25 each. Thought after a shot rind today one read as low as 7.82. Just wanted to confirm it was a battery issue. Any suggestions on reasonable priced battery replacement?
Trojan, Crown, Deka are all first rate batteries. Interstate while a great name in batteries does not seem to do very well in the GC class... Sam's Club sells a GC battery that is at least made by Deka...
Old 01-15-2017, 01:24 AM   #6
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you can afford them, go with the Trojan 160's....
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:05 PM   #7
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyre View Post
If you can afford them, go with the Trojan 160's....
I second that!
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:25 PM   #8
Pudd77
Not Yet Wild

I ended up going with the T875's. That's all the budget would allow. Down side is the Trojans don't fit my factory watering system. Any tips on old fashion pull the tops off and water? Thanks.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:31 PM   #9
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudd77 View Post
I ended up going with the T875's. That's all the budget would allow. Down side is the Trojans don't fit my factory watering system. Any tips on old fashion pull the tops off and water? Thanks.
Yep when it's time to water the batteries I just drill a small 1/8" hole in the top of a 16 oz water bottle and throw away when done...
Old 03-07-2017, 07:55 AM   #10
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

Teecro idea is a good one, but with me been a mechanic for many years I have a old school battery water bottle which most auto part store still carry. Those auto watering systems have been known to mess up, they can get clogged.
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car