lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2017, 09:21 PM   #11
Cliffy23
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: E-Z-GO TXT power loss

Yes, I do have a light kit. I disconnected that battery from everything in hopes to prevent damage to the other batteries. When I just went in the garage I noticed all the batteries are making a little noise. I popped the tops and each battery had tiny bubbles coming from the plates... I'll send pictures shortly. Thanks!
Cliffy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2017, 09:23 PM   #12
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy23 View Post
Yes, I do have a light kit. I disconnected that battery from everything in hopes to prevent damage to the other batteries. When I just went in the garage I noticed all the batteries are making a little noise. I popped the tops and each battery had tiny bubbles coming from the plates... I'll send pictures shortly. Thanks!
The tiny bubbles are perfectly normal and healthy. Just make sure to top the batteries off with fresh distilled water and keep it filled about 1/4 inch above the plates
ARKSoft84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:56 PM   #13
Cliffy23
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

IMG_5609.jpg

IMG_5607.jpg

IMG_5608.jpg

IMG_5610.jpg
Old 08-22-2017, 09:57 PM   #14
Cliffy23
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Sorry for so many pictures. The lighting was bad so I wanted to be sure you could see as much of the wiring as possible. Thanks again for all the advice
Old 08-22-2017, 10:00 PM   #15
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy23 View Post
Sorry for so many pictures. The lighting was bad so I wanted to be sure you could see as much of the wiring as possible. Thanks again for all the advice
I see where the light kit was. Also those batteries are C & D 2015 C = March, D = April

However, I couldn't find the hole in the battery, perhaps I just can't see it?
Old 08-22-2017, 10:05 PM   #16
Cliffy23
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

This is an up close of the hole. It just looks like the terminal got so hot it melted the plastic around it.
IMG_5600.jpg
Old 08-22-2017, 10:19 PM   #17
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You'll have to look a bit closer, there may well still be metal under that.

The lead in top can melt away. The cause for that is because the nuts on top the batteries loosen over time, the connection isn't tight it gets super hot and then it melts.

I attached a picture below that appears to be a bolt that is loose, I circled it in white.

That battery may, or may not be able to be saved at this point.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg aviary-image-1503458080981.jpeg (356.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-22-2017, 10:25 PM   #18
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Also,

Attached is another photo

I circled two places in red, 1 in white. With your multi meter, put the red probe on the place I circled on the battery in red, and put the black probe on the battery where i circled in white. Note your voltage.

Now keep the black probe on and probe the next spot circled in red on the other side of the fuse.

The voltage should be exactly the same, If the voltage is 0 then this fuse melted.

The battery hole, if the lead cooled down and is back to Rock solid, if there is metal under that hole, then that battery is salvageable. Fill the hole with two part epoxy.

If the lead is not rock solid, there are a couple methods to fix it. Let me know if you would like to go that route.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg aviary-image-1503458038807.jpeg (358.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-23-2017, 06:53 AM   #19
Cliffy23
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

ARKSoft, thank you very much for your help. I'm going to try your suggestions after work today.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:58 PM   #20
Cliffy23
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I got a chance to test it. The first reading I got was .21. The second reading on the other side of the fuse was .00 I'm guessing this means the fuse is burnt out based on your previous post? How big of a replacement fuse should I get? The one on there is a 250. I called the golf cart shop to see if they had them and they acted like it was overkill...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO