lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2018, 05:16 PM   #41
Rwalsh77
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Onboard Charger Killswitch

Would this work? I found some info about putting the shunt inline with the negative side of the battery.

Info on this little unit is sparse and confusing. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rwalsh77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2018, 07:34 AM   #42
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes, that is the same wiring as in the first option on your last post.

Make sure the jumper is on the 2W (2-wires).

In theory You should be able to do a full charge, set the AH capacity of your pack (120AH or 116AH) and then set the "real time" or "current capacity" which would be the same at that point.

I think the battery graph that shows the discharge level is based on that AH setting and not the voltage, so assuming it is anywhere near accurate, it will give you something to compare your SOC estimation based on the pack voltage vs SOC based on AH remaining.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:48 AM   #43
Rwalsh77
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you Sergio, you have been a big help... going to install this gauge over the weekend instead of the simple voltmeter I am running now.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:49 AM   #44
Rwalsh77
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
I have the newer 84 ah cells which the absolute bottom cutoff danger zone is 2.5v, max is 4.2. I think yours are the same. Granted, once they get to 3.5 they drop like a stone, but 2.5 is the rated threshold before risking damage. I've never gone below a resting voltage of 3.65 and I have my charger set to stop at 4.18 IIRC. BMS low voltage alarm set at 3.5 since I figure I've got about another mile (maybe 2) left in the tank before it's getting too close to the 2.5 dangerzone. However, I doubt I will ever hit the low voltage alarm, unless I'm just out hot rodding it all day.

I'm running the ZEVA BMS, Zeva.com.au (I have the EVMS Lite with two BMS-12 modules) I'm happy with it so far. Fairly easy to wire up and worked like a charm with all of the CAN bus stuff. And I love the dash mounted LCD touch screen. It's all in my build thread. The Orion Jr. is another option, but a little more expensive. EVBattery center, I think, is selling their BMS again but with zero tech support for now so you better know what your doing if you go that route.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
dude! your build thread is amazing and the way it all came together is impressive.

couple questions...
can you tell me why you went with 2 of the BMS-12's?
with my current pack wiring, would i only be monitoring 5 cells? (i noticed you had 7 of your 8 wired in your diagram)

edit: i may have answered part of the questions, i printed out your diagram and i see you are running 7 packs (cells each) and the BMS can only handle 12 (i think) cells so you needed 2 to run 14 cells

follow up on that... would i only need one since i only have 10 cells?
Old 02-23-2018, 07:48 PM   #45
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwalsh77 View Post
dude! your build thread is amazing and the way it all came together is impressive.

couple questions...
can you tell me why you went with 2 of the BMS-12's?
with my current pack wiring, would i only be monitoring 5 cells? (i noticed you had 7 of your 8 wired in your diagram)

edit: i may have answered part of the questions, i printed out your diagram and i see you are running 7 packs (cells each) and the BMS can only handle 12 (i think) cells so you needed 2 to run 14 cells

follow up on that... would i only need one since i only have 10 cells?

Thanks for the compliment.

Yes I needed 2 for the 14 cells, you would only need one for 10 cells. I wanted to run all 16 but the XCT can only handle 62 volts so those last two cells are just along for the ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO