lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2018, 06:18 PM   #1
ckball
Not Yet Wild

Default Loss of power in G16=Batteries test good

Hi I am a lady that has owned my 1998 G16E for 12 years . Recently I have had a loss of power going up hill. I have a hydrometer and take care of my batteries. They all test great but are several years old. I do not have a voltage meter. Can anyone give me an idea of what would cause this if they test correct. Thanks = I use my cart to run my dogs and I live in a very hilly area.
ckball is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2018, 12:58 PM   #2
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: Loss of power in G16=Batteries test good

Batteries that are several years old is an accomplishment that many of us strive for ... how many is "several years old"? The batteries will likely have a date codes stamped on the terminals that you can decipher ... see attached US battery date code example.

Batteries age over time and are good for a limited number of discharge cycles as per the attached Trojan and US battery charts. They certainly do not last forever, but with good care, will last longer as you have experienced.

I suspect that your batteries may be coming to the end of their useful life and you may have one or more batteries (or even cells) that are affecting the performance of your cart. I have had a battery in the past where one cell failed, I was reading a 4 volt charge instead of 6.37 volts and the battery hydrometer reading was still in the "good" range.

You really need to use to a voltmeter to measure the voltage of your entire battery pack and of each individual battery to trouble shoot this problem. Find attached a "State of Charge" chart for your reference.

Regards, 3CW
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trojan - Cycle Life Chart.JPG (43.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Carts Unlimited State of Charge Chart.JPG (71.0 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf US Battery -Date Codes.pdf (250.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf US Battery - expected life cycles.pdf (68.6 KB, 0 views)
ThreeCW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:07 PM   #3
ckball
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Loss of power in G16=Batteries test good

Thank you and I knew I was going to have to buy one. I do not have a way to take my cart to anyone and the small town I live in does not have anyone that works on them. Every cell on all 6 batteries register 100% I did not replace them all at one time. I did when one went bad, then had one go bad every other month maybe 2 years ago. I am bad about remembering things. Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.
ckball is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha