lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2009, 08:19 AM   #21
autoslot
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car 48V Charging System

The fuse is probably good. The next thing I would try is to force the charger on, by using the first method I listed at the beginning of this thread. Watch the ammeter on the charger. This is a temporary fix to bypass the OBC if your batteries are too low. Although this should be safe, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
autoslot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2010, 02:44 AM   #22
towncar
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoslot View Post
The fuse is probably good. The next thing I would try is to force the charger on, by using the first method I listed at the beginning of this thread. Watch the ammeter on the charger. This is a temporary fix to bypass the OBC if your batteries are too low. Although this should be safe, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I have aquestion about the PowerDrive 48v charger. Can I use it to charge 4 12 volt batteries that aren't hooked to an OBC, like for automotive use?? I know a little about electronics, and what it seems to me is that from what I read in your post is that the "gray" "sense" wire from the charger is looking for a voltage less than what the "red" wire is reading. But, a charger charges with amps, not volts. I'm I totally off track here??
towncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:06 AM   #23
towncar
Not Yet Wild

The only thing that I don't get is that what regulates and tells the charger to shut off after batteries are fully charged? 16 hours? That doesn't make sense. Doesn't an automotive battery charger shut off when it sees the voltage and amp readings from the positive and negative terminal are where they are supposed to be?
towncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:23 PM   #24
kantuckian
Gone Wild

good info
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:08 PM   #25
CRK
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sticky PLEASE
CRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #26
Bert18
Getting Wild

Club Car

I will start by apologizing if I missed the answer to my question in this thread.
I plug in my charger and I get nothing.
But if I bypass the relay by connecting the power wire from the fuse to the common that goes to the transformer it turns on and I get a reading on the meter.
Is this enough to tell me the relay is bad and second can I leave it like this in a pinch to charge the cart? Just so you all know I only turned it on for 30 seconds.
Bert18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:49 AM   #27
Riggers
Not Yet Wild

Hi Sticky,
Just started work at another golf course in the workshop, never worked on elec carts before, they have 9dead carts 7 read 48v on the OBC and wont charge on a charger which has charged another cart, just read your Item on Not necesseraly the charger at fault, carts have been parked all winter 60 of them, so all your info is a godsend to me, have my work cut out with the defibralater process,
Catchya later,
Riggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #28
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Good to file
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car