lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2019, 11:51 PM   #1
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default club car lights/turn signal help

recently bought my 99 club car ds that had lights and turn signals installed. it was street legal at the time. the headlights, tail lights, and brake lights currently work fine.

drivers side headlght lens is broken. these are old style headlights that are enclosed where you cant replace a bulb and you have to replace the entire light. my question is if anybody knows where i can buy the whole light? I have already received the answer that i should re wire the entire cart with a brand new light kit but if i can fix what i have i would rather do that before I buy all new and install it. attached is a picture of the 3 wire plug these lights have... im assuming 1 for lights 1 for ground and 1 for blinker but i am not sure. if i do have to buy lights can anyone confirm that i dont need a new cowl to do so? i dont want to buy a new cowl to fit lights when mine work fine, just needing a lense. hopefully my pictures show where it mounts.

none of the turn signals work and they didnt when i bought it. the previous owner suggested something in the dash was the case. he called it an actuator or something, and said it was probably the case since he sees a lot of these carts and thats his usual go to when he gets one with no power to any blinker.

i also
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cc1.jpg (59.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cc5.jpg (49.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cc4.jpg (57.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cc7.jpg (60.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cc8.jpg (56.3 KB, 0 views)
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2019, 03:03 AM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: club car lights/turn signal help

You can replace the bulb. But it won't do you any good. The whole thing is trash.

You are better off buying the whole front set. I don't know if you can buy just one side but even if you can it is probably just as cheap to buy both.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:07 AM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

The passenger side looks messed up too.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:21 AM   #4
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
You can replace the bulb. But it won't do you any good. The whole thing is trash.

You are better off buying the whole front set. I don't know if you can buy just one side but even if you can it is probably just as cheap to buy both.

It did not appear that you can replace the bulb, reminds me of all the older trucks I've worked on where you have to replace the entire glass lense / metal back, and it just has the bulb inside of it. The glass is broke and you can't just buy new glass, I have to buy the whole "light" as its called.

I am willing to do what it takes to get these working. However I don't need turn signals, and I'm hoping to not spend another 60-100 on a light kit when I have fully functional headlights and tail lights that just need a lens.

I understand the kit i have isn't the best. I understand its probably 15 years old. I really don't want to spend $120 and have to re wire it. I guess I'll just drive it without a lens in the headlight. My main concern is how these other lights fit. Is there any chance these other light kits fit the same?

Its not that I am against replacing everything, I just hate to replace things that work with the exception of 1 stupid little lens
Old 05-10-2019, 09:20 AM   #5
bunderwood48
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Those pictures look a lot like the headlights on my 2000 DS. I was researching this too as one headlight is out. It looks like bulb LGT-327 would be the replacement bulb. You just have to take out the little screw on the back of the metal back of the housing. I haven't purchased this as I still need to look at mine to make sure I get the right thing.
bunderwood48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 11:32 AM   #6
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunderwood48 View Post
Those pictures look a lot like the headlights on my 2000 DS. I was researching this too as one headlight is out. It looks like bulb LGT-327 would be the replacement bulb. You just have to take out the little screw on the back of the metal back of the housing. I haven't purchased this as I still need to look at mine to make sure I get the right thing.
Maybe I didn't look close enough. Of course now I am at work and can't check, but after looking at what you said I will look again tonight.

Are your headlight lens' glass? Want to sell them
Old 05-10-2019, 01:22 PM   #7
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Also I will add at this point, if anybody knows a certain kit, or brand, of headlights that will fit in my current front cowl / rear end I am open to buying new. I thought I could just get another kit off of ebay and put them in the current holes - however i just read HERE that supposedly that kit wont work if you already have holes in your cart. which is unfortunate because now I am afraid to order a light kit if it wont even fit my cart.

bummer

edit: if anybody has a late 90's DS that has installed one of these ebay aftermarket kits, and wants to measure their holes or send me a copy of their template I will pay for postage to see if my lights will fit. thanks
Old 05-10-2019, 03:37 PM   #8
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

What you have are aftermarket headlights, those are NOT factory headlights!
it's obvious from surface mounting screws, the Dremel rough cut hole, and the turn signal lens.

Factory headlights mount with clips on the back, without front surface screws, and the turn signal lens is flush.
Factory headlight cutouts have a larger cutout than what you have on your cart.

I'd say buy jim,s a cup of coffee or 2, and grab a couple from him!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 049.JPG (67.5 KB, 0 views)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:27 PM   #9
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
What you have are aftermarket headlights, those are NOT factory headlights!
it's obvious from surface mounting screws, the Dremel rough cut hole, and the turn signal lens.

Factory headlights mount with clips on the back, without front surface screws, and the turn signal lens is flush.
Factory headlight cutouts have a larger cutout than what you have on your cart.

I'd say buy jim,s a cup of coffee or 2, and grab a couple from him!

That’s the plan, waiting to hear back from him in the for sale forum. I did confirm from the one ebay seller that I messaged that the kit I was looking at would fit into my current holes with just a little more trimming If I wanted to start over. But honestly didn’t want to mess with it and re wiring since I don’t need turn signals. So hopefully Jim has something to set me up then all I gotta do is figure out why the turn signals don’t work. Wasn’t going to mess with it if going all new but might as well if I’m leaving them on. Don’t need them but why not haha
Old 05-12-2019, 08:08 AM   #10
Chilt Shaffer
Not Yet Wild

Looks like the old generic halogens that were in snowmobiles, atv's, lawn tractors, etc.
I would try an ag, equipment or larger lawn and outdoor power equipment dealer.
Chilt Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car