lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2009, 07:24 AM   #31
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1st cart!! 1989 ezgo gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTeeMan View Post
With the cart on jack stands and the engine running spray carb cleaner at the throttle shaft of the carb, I did that to my 1982 and the engine ran like a top. I have since ordered new carbs for both my 82 and 89. The engine rpm changed a little bit when I sprayed it by the crank seal (very little bit) but when I sprayed it by the throttle shaft it really smoothed out.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2009, 07:40 AM   #32
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

darn carbs, ya can't eat 'em and then they wear out.

darn carbs
GoTeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:50 PM   #33
gary85
Not Yet Wild

Will give it a try!!!

And as for the seals... I just couldn't seem to get clutch to come off. Tried the rod and bolt method, but made my rod a little long (5", needs to be about 4 3/4"), so only had a few threads to try and get clutch to move...eventually my bolt pulled out the threads in clutch (not totally wasted...could prolly get it retapped and shorten the rod). As for as the flywheel side I got the plastic fins off and beat on the hub to try and remove, but I suppose I needed a threaded puller for that side also. Anyway.....

All not lost...still have a running cart and still have parts to repair with. Just tired of working and ready for some play. Thanks again!!! And I'm sure I will be back in here bugging you peeps sooner or later!!!!!
gary85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:13 PM   #34
gary85
Not Yet Wild

Well look who's back.....

after my first day on golf course, the cart ran good (actually made those electric carters jealous, cause when you play like me you need a fast cart so you can get to and hit the ball faster and more times LOL)...that is.. until the starter belt loosened and started just spinning. Tightened it up and I was off again.

The very next trip out, unloaded cart, cranked cart, was pulling up on 1st tee and she died and would not crank again. I thought for sure it was a fouled plug, but after I got it back home and checked it was that darn carb.
The float valve had stuck in the closed position not letting fuel in. So I pulled carb off and did a thorough cleaning, using wire to poke thru every hole it had, and also took a little emery cloth to the sides of float valve so it would move more freely in its socket.

Now the cart runs with no choke what-so-ever. Guess maybe I should listen more closely to what you guys were saying.

Anyway, hope to get it back out in a few days and try again.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:17 AM   #35
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Glad we could help you out!! I hate that you had the motor out and couldnt do those seals but anyway. The correct clutch puller and the grease method will get that clutch off in a hurry and you will need a puller for the flywheel as well. go ahead and spring for the correct puller and you will always have it. Remove the clutch bolt put some grease in the hole and thread in the puller. Drive it in with an impact and it will literally pop right off. Using the grease is the ticket!! Good luck Gary!!
Old 07-11-2009, 08:42 PM   #36
gary85
Not Yet Wild

Yeppers, I agree Sccowboy....I do need to invest in the right pullers for the clutch and flywheel... and will eventually. Do you have a link to a company with both pullers?

Although, right now, I could easily get my money back out of it, I just couldn't let go of her right now. I am determined to ride this project out until I get her to the state you had your cart in before you sold it.

Even though it may the oldest cart on the golf course and not be that attractive, it will definitely show them how I roll!!!!
Old 08-15-2009, 01:04 PM   #37
gary85
Not Yet Wild

Need another pointer for my cart, was using cart the other day and the bag rack broke on drivers side. It's not the belt or the latch its the appx. 2" wide 1/8" thick metal strip piece that is covered by rubber. After looking closely I notice it had been welded before, but weld must not have been good and was not painted to keep out rust. So anyone have an idea if there is an aftermarket bolt on replacement, or should I get some medal and pay someone to rebuild it?
Old 08-15-2009, 03:57 PM   #38
mopar92
Gone Wild

I bet the seals are fine.... as for the choke needing to be on, your not getting gas I bet. Clean the carb by taking it apart and take like an old bicycle brake cable and unravel it and use just one wire strand to clean out the little holes. New fuel filter, new fuel lines,etc. If you take off the fuel line at the carb, does fuel run out pretty good? if so, it's in the carb. You really have to poke around to get varnish out, a little squirt of gumout aint gonna do it... good luck. As for leaking crankcase / intake seals, get it running on jackstand and at steady throttle, spray a flammable aerosol around the arounds, when it speeds up, you found your leak.
mopar92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:12 PM   #39
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

you most likely are not going to find a direct replacement. justv weld it back and maybe use some tool handle plastic dip to seal it up.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:52 PM   #40
gary85
Not Yet Wild

kinda thought so...thanks again!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO