lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2009, 07:13 PM   #11
h23155
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: stops running

i will have him try that but it did it with the old pump and he said he can drive around ten mile or so it will do it some time it will do it after 2 mile?
h23155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #12
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

really sounds like trash sticking the float........dunno.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:18 PM   #13
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDay View Post
Sounds like a vapor lock to me. But what do I know?
Right now, you know as much as anyone here!
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:31 PM   #14
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I hope we're not chasing a fuel issue when it's a bad coil. When it dies, pull the plug, check for fuel at that point. The plug should appear wet. Check for spark immediately after it dies. No fire= bad coil. Lean plug with fire= crank seal?
I am at a loss here. The tank doesn't have any trash that could plug the pickup?
How can we check crank seals? They could work as a one way valve, allowing air in and no oil out? O2 molecules are way smaller than oil molecules?
What else?
Old 08-15-2009, 07:48 PM   #15
h23155
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

hello so what you are saying is if it is a crank seal leaking there may not be a oil leak?
i will have him check for spark also and the tank is clean
h23155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:38 PM   #16
TDay
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Another thing to look at is the fuel filter. Those carts have a very small filter on them usually. They can get "chit" in the filter and still work but not work well.
TDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #17
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm not sure. You know how a seal is made, with the spring holding the lip on the inside??
If it became hard, (as they do over time) it would expand when hot, allowing for an air leak. The air molecules would go through, but the oil would remain inside. Theory could be right, but it is a theory.
Let's check the plugs for now. I really don't know if the seal would do that. I know of some 2 cycles that leaked at the crank with no oily film, buy they do not have a sump full of oil either. In that case the plug reading would show lean due to the extra air. You knew that was it, because no other mods had been made to lean it out. Let's look at the plugs. Dad knows what a lean plug looks like? Whitish or very light grey to light brown.?
I'm really guessing now. I'm not gonna BS anybody, it should be running.
Let us know what happens. Especially if something fixes it. I HAVE TO know now.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:42 PM   #18
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Another thing to look at is the fuel filter. Those carts have a very small filter on them usually. They can get "chit" in the filter and still work but not work well.
That reminds me....The flow on the new fuel filter is the correct direction? Arrow towards the carb? That could cause a problem.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:47 PM   #19
TDay
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I just had a muffler drive me nuts for three days. My cart lost power and I looked for everything under the sun to figure out what was happening. It would be running pretty good and suddenly die. I would start it up and it would run for a few minutes and die again. The power loss was dramatic though. It wouldn't go up a hill hardly at all. I took the muffler off and ran it this morning. If that thing had wings, I'd be in Hawaii by now!
TDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:00 PM   #20
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I just had a muffler drive me nuts for three days. My cart lost power and I looked for everything under the sun to figure out what was happening. It would be running pretty good and suddenly die. I would start it up and it would run for a few minutes and die again. The power loss was dramatic though. It wouldn't go up a hill hardly at all. I took the muffler off and ran it this morning. If that thing had wings, I'd be in Hawaii by now!
Carbon build up will cause lots of anguish. Build a campfire and bar B-q that crap out of it.
Vapor lock can be caused by a poorly routed fuel line. Too close to a heat soource will cause vapor lock. The stock hoses are not close to a heat source. Another thing is if the insulator on the carb was removed it can vaporize fuel in the carb. That's the plastic piece between the carb and cylinder. Let us know what you try and what happens.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO