lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2009, 02:14 PM   #1
clickster79
Not Yet Wild

Default Nothings Happening????

i have a ezgo that when i push the gas peddle nothing happens. I can hear the switch to activate the starter but thats all. my son was riding it got off played awhile got back on and had nothing. I have power to the key cause my lights come on. is there a fuse or something? i know yall have probably ran across the many times before but i havent. i'm lost. thanks for theinfo in advance! battery is fully charged also. is there a low oil switch that wont let it start if its low of oil???
clickster79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2009, 04:39 PM   #2
clickster79
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Nothings Happening????

come on fellas i need some help here??
Old 09-14-2009, 09:10 PM   #3
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Not sure if I can be of much help here, but I am currently working on a couple of 05 Ezgo TXT's. Been interesting but have learned a lot. In front of the battery under the cover there is a fuse there, it is a 7.5 amp fuse, not sure this is the problem, but you can look there. You say you can hear the microswitch clicking from under the floor board. It could of gone bad depending on old your cart is, had to replace them both in the carts I was working on. Both would not start, but now they both do, neither would start prior to replacing the microswitch. Hope this helps
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:23 PM   #4
ncfenceguy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

My txt would have one of the spade terminals on the solenoid back off some time after hard drinking......I mean off-roading. It would just click until I pushed it back on.
ncfenceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:22 PM   #5
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

CHeck your main fuse AND your ground wire connections

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:24 AM   #6
dobey
Not Yet Wild

I just started working on a gas ezgo for our camping site use. I have never worked on a cart before but come from a 2 stroke motorcycle racing background so it is all familiar.

Mine was doing the same thing you are describing (and is why I got it so cheap). I checked and had power going into the solenoid, but when I pushed in the gas pedal it would click but nothing else.

When trouble shooting just follow the electricity till it hits something that is not working, in this case the solenoid. I know I had power up to the solenoid, but with the meter on the output wire and ground I was getting nothing, so I know the solenoid was not passing the power on to the starter. Because I could hear it clicking I know it was working (it is just an electromagnetic switch, when power is on it pulls a larger copper washer up until that touches the two posts allowing current to flow through the switch) but the power was not making it to the other terminal.

I pulled the solenoid, but instead of buying a new one I just drilled out the four rivets in the bottom, took it apart and sure enough the copper was all pitted and black, I just cleaned it all up with sandpaper and riveted it back together, and the cart fired right up (best $100.00 I ever spent).

If you don't have power coming out of the solenoid and to the starter that is your problem, if there is power coming out, then just follow it to the next thing and check that etc.
dobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:01 AM   #7
clickster79
Not Yet Wild

ok i followed the wiring and from the micro switch to the solenoid there is a inline tube fuse and it was blown. i hope its this. if not it will have to be the micro switch or the solenoid. only other things it could be.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #8
clickster79
Not Yet Wild

changed the fuse and still nothing. its either the micro switch or a slenoid. how much is a micro switch? and how much is a solenoid?
Old 09-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #9
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

At the local ezgo dealer I only paid like $5 for one, have not purchased a solenoid yet, but shop around to see what they sell for. Good Luck
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #10
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO