lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2009, 05:02 PM   #1
pdqtom
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Help in purchasing lift, tires & wheels

Thanks to several of you guys responding to my inquiries, I purchased a 2003 Workhorse with a model designation of 1200 GXL. Now I want to add a lift kit and tire/ wheel combo that works for off road and mildly rough terrain here in central Texas. The Tires it has now are 18x8.5x8 Carlisle Links. They are definitely a golf cart path type tread and I need to get something with a little more bite to it. Budget constraints from the war department are a factor too! What type of lift is the best to go with, the full axle for the front or the strut type. I'm sure I will have lots more questions, and hopefully can contribute something in the future to someone.
pdqtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2009, 07:37 PM   #2
mopar92
Gone Wild

Default Re: Help in purchasing lift, tires & wheels

I am pleased with my Sahara 23x11x8"
mopar92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:19 PM   #3
txd
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar92 View Post
I am pleased with my Sahara 23x11x8"
where did you find the 23" tires for an 8" rim?
txd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:26 PM   #4
Country Boy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Get it from Jakes lift Kits. They have install instruction and Pictures on line to help trouble shoot if you need it.
Country Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:33 PM   #5
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

lets see some pics ... site sponsors have great deals on lift and tires...

now whats the best.. well that depends on what you want to spend and how rough you going to drive it
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:56 PM   #6
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqtom View Post
Thanks to several of you guys responding to my inquiries, I purchased a 2003 Workhorse with a model designation of 1200 GXL. Now I want to add a lift kit and tire/ wheel combo that works for off road and mildly rough terrain here in central Texas. The Tires it has now are 18x8.5x8 Carlisle Links. They are definitely a golf cart path type tread and I need to get something with a little more bite to it. Budget constraints from the war department are a factor too! What type of lift is the best to go with, the full axle for the front or the strut type. I'm sure I will have lots more questions, and hopefully can contribute something in the future to someone.
Bawahahaha!!!
Wow Tom! I've never heard anyone refer to their wife like that before!!
Big set of cookies, My new hero!!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:05 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

23 inch tires are not the best choice for a stock motor in my experience they are too big and way too much low end torque is sacraficed for effective offroad driving in my opinion... I find that for moderate offroading ( and really what else can you do with 9 or 11hp and 2 wheel drive?) ....moderate offroading can be accomplished with a 4 inch lift kit and 20 inch tires or a 6 inch lift and 22 inch tires.... It does help a bunch to have CPP machine the driven clutch for a lower starting gear no matter what lift you choose.... I prefer an axle lift for the offroad enthusiast
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO