lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2009, 08:19 PM   #1
alterdeegoe00
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2003 E-z-Go Govenor

Anyone have a picture diagram on how to adjust this govenor. I don't want to mess anything up? thanks.
alterdeegoe00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2003 E-z-Go Govenor

I don't know how to pinpoint what I'm showing you. The spring that is around the rod, that the throttle cable is connected to. Right on top of the differential.
These pictures show the govener"turned in" almost all the way. You tighten the nut on the end until the spring is full compressed. Your cart should accelerate to the rev-limiter rpm 4200-4400 rpm. You'll notice the difference!

Myself nor BGW will be held reponsible for speeding tickets, crashes or other incidents that could occur from a fast or modified cart. That should take you from 14 to 19 mph. Be careful!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Boris 008.jpg (82.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Boris 003.jpg (96.0 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg Boris 001.jpg (91.3 KB, 46 views)
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #3
alterdeegoe00
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks man for the reply. This was very helpful. any word on having to drain any oil out of the engine so it doesn't blow?
Old 10-21-2009, 11:04 AM   #4
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I wouldn't turn the nut all the way. You only need to move it in about a 1/4", maybe 1/2" at most. It is better to FIRST adjust your throttle cable at the double 1/2" jam nuts (shown in Tony's middle picture). Just make sure it isn't too loose - these cables stretch over the years and should be adjusted accordingly. Compressing the return spring all the way is not something that I would do...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:03 PM   #5
alterdeegoe00
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the input. It does move alot better. Maybe even to fast for a camp ground setting. We don't want to get kicked out.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:12 PM   #6
monkey-1
Monkeylicious

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by alterdeegoe00 View Post
Thanks for the input. It does move alot better. Maybe even to fast for a camp ground setting. We don't want to get kicked out.
I know what you mean. I like the speed, but had to adjust the governor back a little because my girlfriends 11 year old daughter drives my cart.
monkey-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:01 AM   #7
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

When I did mine, I didn't do the throttle cable at all. That's probably why I had to go so far to get a difference in rpm. A quarter inch did nothing. It probably would have with the cable adjusted correctly.
Oh yea, I have no kids, I forget what "the real world" has to deal with. Keep it safe for the kids! NO WEATHER BALLOONS.....
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO