lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2010, 05:13 PM   #11
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: choke question

What ever, You seem to be the expert! BradG14, good luck on your problem, we all try to help here.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2010, 05:14 PM   #12
RICHIE RICH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Sabercat, i do agree, if didn't right since he got it or has played with it, but he never said that in his post... but since we don't have all the info from him, it also could be a few other things.....first question we all need to know, has it ever ran right since he got it, when was the last time it did run right and how long has it been sitting is very important...
RICHIE RICH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:19 PM   #13
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHIE RICH View Post
Sabercat, i do agree, if didn't right since he got it or has played with it, but he never said that in his post... but since we don't have all the info from him, it also could be a few other things.....first question we all need to know, has it ever ran right since he got it, when was the last time it did run right and how long has it been sitting is very important...
Thats a good point richie. and i'm not saying your wrong but you need to understand that Dave knows what he's talking about.
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:28 PM   #14
RICHIE RICH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

smallblock, I didn't mean to offend you by any means, I am far from an expert, but I feel I have more knowledge than many here on the Yamahas, I have build and repair hundreds of them in the last 10 years, and I do have a large knowledge of engine as well, I have just read to many post get out of control and before you know the person looking for help has everything apart and in worse shape than before they started...

so if you took it the wrong way I apologize, didn't mean it the way it sounded..

and your right, we are all just trying to help.
RICHIE RICH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:53 PM   #15
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
smallblock, I didn't mean to offend you by any means, I am far from an expert, but I feel I have more knowledge than many here on the Yamahas, I have build and repair hundreds of them in the last 10 years, and I do have a large knowledge of engine as well, I have just read to many post get out of control and before you know the person looking for help has everything apart and in worse shape than before they started...

so if you took it the wrong way I apologize, didn't mean it the way it sounded..

You did. Yes you are far from an expert, you have build? and repair? hundreds? You, like me just want to help. Read,listen...then post, yes you can help members, if I knew 1/2 of what most these guy's know and share, I'd be a better poster.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:11 PM   #16
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:

It's great to have so many knowledgeable people willing to help others here at BGW. Richie, your credentials sound very good and we can see you like to type. You have to remember there is more than one way to skin a cat. Repairing in to the hundreds of carts is very impressive, I would guess Dave is somewhere in the thousands. We have had a very good success rate at helping folks repair their carts, any brand. Some of these people have never even held a wrench before.

My wife tells me I'm not a good dancer because I step on her toes. It hurts when I step on her toes.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:24 PM   #17
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
It's great to have so many knowledgeable people willing to help others here at BGW. Richie, your credentials sound very good and we can see you like to type. You have to remember there is more than one way to skin a cat. Repairing in to the hundreds of carts is very impressive, I would guess Dave is somewhere in the thousands. We have had a very good success rate at helping folks repair their carts, any brand. Some of these people have never even held a wrench before.

My wife tells me I'm not a good dancer because I step on her toes. It hurts when I step on her toes.
I should also add, many of the members here have been doing this for years and offer sound and good advice / solutions.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:29 PM   #18
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

well said ron.
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:43 PM   #19
BradG14
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

hey guys, still havent messed with it since i keep it at a freinds, but.. i drive the cart 3 to 4 times a week, the gas is new, and i just got it a month ago, and it was tie wrapped when i got it, like i said the cart runs great, i was just intrested in trying to fix this because i know it is not correct. thanks for all the help, ill let you guys know if i figure something out.
BradG14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:29 PM   #20
BradG14
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

working on the cart tonight, let me update so i can maybe get some insight on this. THE CARBUERATOR IS STILL OFF. but meanwhile i checked to see if the fuel line going to the carb was pumping fuel while the motor was turning over, and there was no fuel pumping. ?? im guessing its bad, can it be cleaned and fixed?, also the o ring on the intake was off(stock intake). im going to get it back together and we'll see. (i have fairly good mechanical skills but im just tring to cover all the basis). thanks again
BradG14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha