lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2011, 01:06 PM   #11
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Workhorse dump bed on TXT!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrone View Post
Good job! I've seen a couple of these in person where the bed leaned backwards when it was closed. Yours is straight and looks really great!
Hey rocknrone, just saw your reply. The actual kit that EZGO sells to convert this bed to the TXT is on backorder right now. It does actually make the bed sit lower in the back. I wanted the bed to sit more level so with a few modifications, perfect.
Superman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman51 View Post
Hey rocknrone, just saw your reply. The actual kit that EZGO sells to convert this bed to the TXT is on backorder right now. It does actually make the bed sit lower in the back. I wanted the bed to sit more level so with a few modifications, perfect.
Perfect Except it hangs out the rear so far that when you hit the gas the cart cart rolls over backwards What's going to happen when you get a load in it?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:01 PM   #13
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What I mean is that the back of the bed is higher but the front stays the same on my cart. For the kit, the bed looks like it has already started dumping. But speaking of flipping over backwards……….does anyone have any ideas on how to prevent this ? I may have to start a new thread about it but It is now a major concern. To go up the steepest hill at my property, I now only have to use about ľ throttle. The problem is when I hit a bump, my foot sometimes goes to the floor. I can’t believe I’m about to say this but………….I have too much power . I never even though there was such a thing ! I have heard of putting antifreeze in the front tires to help prevent this. Has anyone else done this or even heard of it?
Old 03-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Send the controller back and ask them to ramp the throttle down ... what did you ask for a race cart > ? They can program the throttle so you get 1/4 of the power in the first half of the peddle = this helps a lot but you still have to be able to control your foot? Do you keep your heel on the floor like driving a car?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:32 PM   #15
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=scottyb;537982]Send the controller back and ask them to ramp the throttle down ... what did you ask for a race cart > ?

Scotty……..I don’t know you personally but you have to be kidding right? I know you and I have very different views about my controller but I would prefer not to deal with that company again. I told them what I was doing with my cart and that is what they sent me?

As far as the foot on the pedal, I keep my heel on the floor. Although I’m new the carts, I have been 4-wheeling all my life. Jeeps are my main passion and have built some of the best around. The more stability you have on the pedal, the less likely a bump will cause your foot to fluctuate. The problem is I believe my pedal is to loose. Is there a throttle return spring I can tighten up? If I had more pressure against my foot, I believe this would help tremendously.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO