lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2011, 02:04 PM   #1
jr25
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default club car troubleshooting

hi everybody out there, im new in the page just trying to find out whats wrong with my club car ... i have a 2003 club car turf2 carryall has brand new batteries 6 8 volt the controller is a 300 amp curtis , 48 volt 100 amp solenoid and 3.1 hp motor... the golf cart is in pretty good conditions, but every day seems to go slower... i wonder why... is clean, batteries and wiring are good... could be the solenoid the motor or the controller that may have to be replace this golf cart has 8000 something hours on it so i will appreciate any ideas about what to do i will prefer to spend a couple grands fixing it rather than buying a new one ... thanks everybody....
jr25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2011, 02:25 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: club car troubleshooting

Slower and slower everyday sounds like a motor problem to me.
300amp controller is minimal but it is not going to go slower unless the MCOR is failing to send the proper signal...
It is a process of elimination.
Eliminate the batteries, the MCOR, controller, the motor.
8000 hours is a lot.

Was it doing this before the new batteries? Was that why you bought new batteries?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
jr25
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

thanks for the reply scottyb yeah thats what i thought lots hours... i replace the batteries because they were 5 years old and only lasting half of charge that the new ones soo i got a guy replacing the old ones for new ones they seem to charge pretty good ... is just slower then it was you step on the gas and nothing happens i probably walk faster up a hill ... going down hill is fine because of the weight of the golf cart... so how can i find out if the mcor is working or not...
Old 05-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

are the batteries brand new? how many charge/discharge cycles? its gonna be a bit slower with brand new batteries as they need to be broken in right.........new they are approx75% after 15 or so complete chearg/discharge cycles you should notice a difference in speed if its batteries......some brand batteries break in easier than others but its a process otherwise you,ll never get full battery power..........just a thought.......if you think they are broke in than yes you could have an issue but i would want to make sure they are before i start throwing money at it..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:39 AM   #5
jr25
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the reply shadowman the batteries are about a month old same think the guy toldme at the dealer takes a while for them to brake in the more you use them the better they will get and to be honest i always stay on top of their maintenance what i can say is the it was faster when they were just replace
Old 05-26-2011, 07:30 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i think we just had a fellow with a 2002 or 2003 who was having similar issues more with batteries not charging all the way to max and it ended up being his soleniod which was very odd by the symptons he gave but? so if batteries and cables are all good and cables to motor are good might want to start at soleniod ............i,m just guessing here but its by far the cheapest route and who knows............................
Old 05-26-2011, 12:39 PM   #7
jr25
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

You may be right tom the actual solenoid it has is 100 amps never been replace before does it really matters replacing it for a bigger one like 400 amps eventhough the controller is 300 amps
Old 05-26-2011, 01:08 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you really don,t need a 400 amp unless your gonna beef things up..........................
Old 05-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #9
jr25
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Jaja no i dont want to beef thinks up just wondering because i may get a bigger motor and controller eventually to get a little more torque and speed but i need to look into it more
Old 06-02-2011, 04:05 PM   #10
jr25
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

so finally order the new mcor just to go for the less expensive i just replace it today and guess what it works seems like it was the mcor ... got more acceleration and the torque back the way it was thanks a lot for your support guys ... thanks scottyb and tom probably i will replace the solenoid once i get the new motor and controller
thanks again...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car