lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2011, 09:53 PM   #1
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Motor options?

Well I have decided I'm going to be sending my motor off for a rebuild. I'm stuck between EMP and Plum Quick. I tried to get a hold of pq and they never got back with me. I sent EMP an email and got one the very next morning. So what are your guys opinions on these 2 companies? I need to get something done quick.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2011, 10:49 PM   #2
1BDPRECEDENT
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Motor options?

Two Thumbs up for PlumQuick, try calling them. I have never had a problem reaching them by phone. Their product, service and support are second to none.
1BDPRECEDENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:02 AM   #3
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Man I have called and called and called and called with no answers. Just the gentleman on the answering machine. But I need to get this situation figured out because I need my motor to get it running, but dot want to install and old motor that needs new brushes and bearings. I mean it runs great but I already have it off and I am doing everything else up first class why not get the motor rebuilt while I am at it. I am not digging the purple paint they put on them. Maybe I can request a different color!!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:40 AM   #4
GreshamCA
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Where are you? Different timezone maybe? Phone has always worked for me at PQ just not before 9:30. I hand carried my motor to them last week and was suprized at how clean and professional the shop looked. They have different paint colors.
GreshamCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:50 AM   #5
rxp-rider
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I went with emp because plumquick didn't have any ezgo cores in stock at the time I wanted to get a motor.I am very happy with it,I told them the set up of my cart and they built one for my needs.They are very helpful and I recieved my motor right when I was told. I average 23mph and have plenty of torque(on 36v) that I need here on the flats in florida. Don't get me wrong,when I go to 48v I will be giving plumquick a call for a custom built unit.Emp doesn't recommend running their motor @48v unless they change out the armature.We will see what happens...
rxp-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:36 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Don't get in a hurry, this build has gone on for months. You have just recently decided to include a motor upgrade, take time researching and contacting builders for the best possible fit
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:35 AM   #7
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Plum Quick all the way! It can at times be difficult to get ahold of them, but in my opinion that is a good sign because it means they are in the shop building more motors.......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:20 PM   #8
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Alright well I'll give plum quick another try tomorrow. If not ill go a different route. Yea I just don't want a purple motor
Old 08-07-2011, 03:51 PM   #9
as350pilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I had tough time getting in touch with PQ too. Then I was on their website and found out they were at a big cart meet. I waited a couple days and hade no problem. They are not a big company; which is not a bad thing. They take great care of the customers and turn out a fantastic product.

I love my Bandit upgrade and couldn't be happier.
as350pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #10
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes I'm hoping to get in touch with them. I'm goig for the bandit upgrade to all depending on if they can change the color or not.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO